Episode 3: Shadowy Siblings

When Macaque became a 'good guy', he didn't expect to end up having his own temple or an actual home. It was nice and quiet, and just far enough from the city to be like a summer home or something.

What he also didn't expect was...well, the same girl he saved to suddenly fall right into his living room.

Macaque stared as the girl who was once Lady Bone Demon's hostess face planted onto his floor. "...okayyy...how'd you do that?"

The girl panicked and got to her feet, looking around. "I...I don't even know! I was at Pigsy's Noodles one second and then here the next!" She then looked right at Macaque. "S-sorry for intruding, Mr. Macaque-"

Macaque waved his hand dismissively. "Bah, enough with the 'Mr. Macaque', you don't gotta be formal."

"S-sorry..." The girl said, nervously looking down.

Macaque then stood up from his chair before humming. "So...you really don't know how you-"

Then, a black and purple portal opened right beneath the girl and she fell through. Macaque recognized the portal immediately...because it was one of his. But he didn't summon it.

The girl shrieked as she fell through, only for another portal to hover above his couch and she crashed onto it. "Owwww..."

"...how...?" Macaque asked, walking over to the girl. "Those are my powers...how are you doing that?!"

"I-I don't know!!!" The girl exclaimed. "I-I didn't m-mean to take your powers!!!"

Macaque hummed and then his eyes glowed purple...so, she didn't take them per say. She just had them somehow. His eyes turned back to normal and he helped the girl get up. "I don't think you took them...you just inherited them for some reason...but I don't even know you, kid."

"M...my name's Bai He." She introduced.

Macaque tilted his head. "Like the tiger lily flower?"

"Y-yeah! Yeah, like that f-flower..." Bai He said, clearly a little nervous to be around Macaque and was likely still freaking out about her new powers.

Macaque hummed as he tried to think before it hit him. The final battle with Lady Bone Demon involved him, Wukong, and so many others having to use nearly all of their energy to power up MK...and Macaque hadn't done that ever since he and Wukong had their falling out over centuries ago. It was clear he was rusty.

Perhaps...he had accidentally given her some of his powers.

Macaque gulped. "...well, shi-"

"L...l-language." Bai He corrected, but then the color practically drained from her face when she saw Macaque's eyes narrow. "S-sorry!!!"

Macaque sighed. "Lighten up, kid. I ain't gonna hurt you. Alright? I may look like a bad guy, but I wouldn't have saved you if I was wanting to get rid of you."

Bai He was a bit confused before vaguely recalling that he was indeed telling the truth. Her memory was fuzzy, but after she and LBD separated, he had personally put it upon himself to catch her.

"I...I never thank you for that." Bai He said. "S-so...thank you."

Macaque seemed a little surprised, but grinned. "No problem...but, looks like you're gonna need to learn how to control those powers of yours."

Bai He's eyes widened. "H-huh...? You can't just eject them...?"

"I'd need somewhere to put them." Macaque said. "I dunno what putting them back in me will do yet. I'm sure I'll find out and when I do, then I can decide."