Episode 9: Balance

Everything was happening very fast. Almost...too fast. The Monkie Crew and The Ninja could hardly handle it all at once.

Especially since Bai He was still so broken up about losing Macaque, who as much as she would never admit it out loud due to her timidness, was a lot like a father to her. Everyone could see that.

MK was sitting on the boat with his arm wrapped around Lily. He then gave an encouraging smile. "Hey...everything's gonna be okay. I know it is."

Lily sniffled a little. "B...but we barely won against Lady Bone Demon t-the first time! A-and now we're fighting another one who might be even worse! I...I'm starting to lose hope..."

MK's eyes softened. "Lily. Don't think like that. We always win. And we can't just give up...Macaque or Monkey King wouldn't want that."

Lily nodded. "Y...yeah...they wouldn't..."

Jay saw the two from afar and his heart clenched a bit...he knew better than anyone what it was like to lose someone close. He looked at Nya, smiling softly to himself that she was back with him. He then headed over to MK and Lily. "Uhhh, hey there!"

"Oh! Hey!" MK smiled. "Need anything?"

Jay sat down next to them. "Nah. I just noticed the looks...you okay?"

Lily looked at MK and then sighed. "I...I guess. It's just...hard. I-I could have fought harder...I-I should've fought harder to save Macaque! I-I-"

Jay suddenly set a hand on her shoulder. "I know how you feel...really. Better than anyone about losing someone you care about so much."

Lily's eyes widened a bit and turned. "You do...?"

Jay nodded before looking at Nya. "That woman over there? She's my Yang...my wife. I've been in love with her since the moment I saw her and I'd do just about anything for her. We've been through thick and thin together, near death experiences for both of us. And then...one day, we were up against someone named King Kalmaar and his monster, Wojira. They were unstoppable and had drowned Ninjago in ocean."

Lily could already imagine it and nodded, wanting him to continue.

"I nearly died. So much water was in my lungs...and to save me and all of Ninjago, Nya dove into the water and became one with the ocean. She was essentially some kind of Water Goddess. And after Kalmaar was eaten by Wojira, she used her powers to destroy it once and for all and save all of Ninjago..."

His eyes then softened. "But she wasn't the same Nya...she heard the ocean calling out to her and couldn't even hear me calling out to her. I lost her even though she didn't die...and even now, I'm so lucky to have gotten her back."

Lily gave him a hug. "I...I'm glad you got her back."

Jay smiled and slowly hugged back. "And we're gonna get Macaque back too. I promise. If I can get Nya back, we can get your shady monkey master back."

Lily giggled. "T-that's a funny, but accurate way of describing him."

"Yeahhh, that's him to a T." MK laughed.

Jay chuckled. "Good to know! I have someone a lot like him." He said before gesturing to Garmadon, who was just staring out at the sea.

MK hummed. "He definitely looks like Macaque..."

"They have pretty similar stories...kind of." Lily said, scratching her chin. "He dies a lot more."

MK scratched his head. "You sure?"

"Yeah, he actually dies. Macaque fakes his death."

Jay blinked before turning to the side. "This is normal."

The sailing took a while, with Zane directing Sandy on where to put the boat. And despite being a cargo ship of some kind, it was pretty fast. Likely due to the giant jet boosters on the boat.

And it was also a secret base, which was where everyone stayed. Tang was drawing up the two new Primates they were hopefully about to meet, based on their superpowers or and titles.

"The Long Armed Ape and The Red Bottomed Horse Monkey?" Red Son asked, narrowing his eyes. "Long arms are cool, but what kind of superpower does a red butt give you?"

Tang sighed. "Those kinds of monkeys actually exist, you know. And just because it's in their title doesn't mean its their power. Just their physical features."

Red Son hummed. "And Wukong's the Intelligent Stone Monkey? Wukong is far from intelligent."

Then, Pixal walked over. "Perhaps it just meant that Wukong was born with average intelligence from birth?"

Tang blinked. "Ummm, yeah! That's exactly what happened. That could mean the others were just mindless babies when they were born."

Red Son scoffed. "Still a poor name."

"You're not incorrect." Samurai X said with a shrug as she started looking over Tang's description of the Two Primates' powers and titles.

And that was all they had on them. Not even their real names were mentioned. They really didn't want to be found.

Then, Mei walked over to Red Son specifically. "Hey, ba- I MEAN RED!" She said with a nervous laugh before literally slapping herself. "Whatcha talkin' about?"

"Trying to figure out more about the Primates before we meet presumably one of them." Red Son said. "Hopefully, we'll be lucky and meet both at the same time. But that's unlikely...maybe..."

Mei hummed. "Can't we just ask them about yourselves?"

"Always know more about a future enemy..." Red Son said, igniting his hand in fire.

Mei rolled her eyes and did the same. "Or friend?"

"Or friend."

Tang just smirked at them before turning his head back to the drawings and descriptions, with Pixal also looking them over.

Mei and Red Son just looked at each other for a moment before looking from side to side, then up and down, and then bumping into each other. They both cried out, then apologized, and then blushed when they saw how close they were.

Kai snorted and then called out. "You two hotheads gonna kiss or what?"

Mei and Red Son squeaked, but instantly turned to them, their bodies engulfed in green and red fire.

Kai gulped and turned his head to Skylor. "I'm the Master of Fire, but...should I be worried?"

"Oh, yeah." Skylor grinned.

Then, Zane's voice called out to them. "Everyone! We've arrived! All hands on deck!"

The Monkie Crew and The Ninja all looked at each other and rushed to the elevator, having to take turns though since it wasn't big enough for all of them. But then, once they finally did make it...they saw an all too familiar old man waiting for them.

Lloyd's eyes widened and he rushed over. "UNCLE!!!"

Wu smiled and hugged his nephew tightly. "Thank goodness all of you are safe...and have made it just as such."

Sandy walked over. "Nice to meet you, Master Wu! Our new friends have told us a lot about you!"

Wu gently broke the hug between him and his nephew and bowed at The Monkie Crew. "Thank you for aiding my students..."

MK looked from side to side before awkwardly bowing back. "You're...welcome? I...I-I dunno what to do. Should I bow?"

Wu chuckled. "Not if you feel uncomfortable...but come. Zhihui is waiting for us all."

Pigsy tilted his head. "Uhhh...who?"

"Master, who's Zhihui?" Cole asked as he walked over.

Wu turned to them. "The Wise Sage. And The Long Armed Ape."