Episode 4: War of The Kings

The Monkey King. The Great Sage Equal To Heaven. Sun Wukong. He had a lot of names...almost...too many to be honest. Wukong didn't mind though. The names all stroked his ego.

An ego. Even after being humbled through his master, Tripitaka, and becoming a mentor himself to the young Monkie Kid, he still had a massive ego. And for good reason. He was one of the mightiest warriors in the realm. Not to mention, completely immortal and unkillable.

That part had its ups and downs. Wukong recalled very depressing times where he wished he could actually age or, well, die. Those times were after his master and friends had passed away.

They were apparently reincarnated into MK's friends now, so that would take some getting used to.

Wukong was sitting upside down on his throne, bored out of his mind. MK had just left Flowerfruit Mountain after finishing his lesson...and he already missed the kid. He cared a lot about MK as if he was one of the many monkeys who lived on this mountain.

Those monkeys were like...his children in a way. After all, he was over 5,000 years old, naturally he'd grow a paternal instinct at some point.

"Hmmm...would it be so hard to adopt MK?" Wukong asked himself. "Psh, nah. I'd be a pretty bad dad to the kid anyway...plus, Piglet's already got that role covered."

He then got off his throne and began walking around Flowerfruit Mountain, once again admiring the beauty of the place he called home. It never got old. Even after centuries, it was such a beautiful place to live in.

Wukong's eyes then narrowed when he recalled a not very fond memory. A memory of Erlang Shen. The mightiest warrior in The Celestial Realm and the nephew of The Jade Emperor, ruler of said realm.

So, much like his uncle, Erlang was a total nutjob. The guy set his entire home ablaze for...generally no reason other than the fact that he considered Wukong a demon. Erlang was the one warrior Wukong never actually beat.

Mostly because Erlang had won by Wukong getting trapped.

Wukong scoffed. "If the guy were still around, I would kick his ass into next Tuesday." He grumbled before suddenly, he began to hear terrified whimpers and chattering.

The Monkey King whipped around and used his enhanced speed to quickly get over to all of his subjects in the forest. They were all looking up at the sky, absolutely terrified.

A few of the younger monkeys clutched onto Wukong's leg, trembling and shaking. Wukong knelt down and held them close. "Whoa, whoa. Hey, what's wrong?"

And that's when he looked up...and saw an entire temple the size of an island flying over to Flowerfruit Mountain. Wukong had never seen anything like this...not to mention, this temple had a demonic face right in front of it.

"What the...?" Wukong whispered before he gently gave the younger monkeys to their proper parents. "All of you stay right here. Okay? I'll deal with this. Probably some wannabe demon that wants to tango with the one and only Monkey King."

He then summoned his Somersault Cloud and flew off into the air right towards the temple. He grinned...before suddenly, the demonic face on the temple opened its mouth.

Suddenly, four legged dragons made of rock and pink crystals started flying at him like cannonballs being fired from a ship. Wukong gasped and then flew around the air as the dragons started to chase him.

He had never seen so many dragons before. He had seen dragons, yes, but not so many all at once...nor did he see any kind of dragon made of crystal.

Wukong shook it off and then zoomed towards one of the dragons, pulling back his fist and then shooting it forward into its face. The dragon fell through the air, losing its balance from the punch. Two more dragons lunged at Wukong, only for him to punch them as hard as he could.