𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 4:𝙶𝚊𝚜𝚙?!,𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚔𝚊𝚔𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒

Obito looked away when she asked him what was wrong. "Obito?"

His fists shook as he brought his eyes to meet hers, "If I had died, Kakashi would have gotten my eye, right? He would have been more carefree, and he would have been able to use his chidori."

Naruto widened her eyes, "Obito, what the hell are you talking about? This isn't like you―"

He raised his voice and cut her off, eyes flashing angrily, "I couldn't just sit around and feel like I stole something from him, could I? That isn't like me. I stole his chance of completing his technique that he proudly made by himself, or be famed by all five nations! What makes it worse is that he tells me that it's okay, he's fine with it, even though he obviously isn't!" Naruto had to strain her ears to hear his next words, "Me being alive only made him weak."

Naruto glared, "Do you really think that? Do you understand―"

Obito glared back, "Did you see the look on Kakashi's face whenever he tries to work on his technique? I have, before and after that incident. You wouldn't understand―"

SLAP!

Naruto's hand was raised as Obito's head stayed turned by the impact, stunned. The blonde felt her eyes sting as it moistened, but she didn't care. She needed this idiot to see. "You think I don't understand? Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but I do. Remember Sasuke?" Obito got out of his stupor, and flinched. "Yeah, well I was in his way to power, and I wondered to myself every single day since he drove his hand through my chest. I wondered if I was really a bother to him, to everyone. The burden I carry dies when I die." Obito's eyes widened as she let the tears fall. "I was thinking that the world would have been better off had I died."

Naruto smiled softly, her voice lowering in volume, "But I didn't, I remembered my comrades. I remembered that it was thanks to them that I got this far, and I can't let them down after everything we've been through. I just had to get stronger. I got over it." Obito took off his goggles to rub at his eyes. "It was because of that that I got everyone finally to acknowledge me. I got stronger, both mentally and physically, and look how far I've gotten now? I got the chance to save the future, to give us a world of peace." Naruto shook her head and corrected herself, "No, we have the chance to make a world of peace." She closed her fist, imagining it grasp onto her words firmly as she smiled, eyes flashing in determination. She blinked when he heard the boy whimper.

She giggled, "Suck it up. You're a guy, aren't you?"

He sniffled and wiped his face with his sleeve. "I'm not crying. I just got something in my eye."

Naruto smiled softly, "There's the Obito we all know and love. But still, if you're still in doubt, remember that Kakashi was relieved that you lived, and your death in the other timeline affected him greatly. Plus, you're strong even though we tease you about it, and the village would lose one of their comrades had you died. You have great flexibility in taijutsu; you can use the fire techniques very quickly. And the future Kakashi told me that you were a natural when you awoken your Sharingan. You used it with great ease, despite it being your first time." Obito's face showed his shock, but he quickly recovered and grinned.

He winced at the stinging of his now swollen cheek. Naruto cringed, and rubbed the back of her head sheepishly.

"Sorry about that. I got kind of emotional. I'll go get some ice, but could you tell sensei that?"

Obito nodded, and mock glared. "You owe me ice cream for this."

Naruto snorted, "Yeah, I know. Man, sensei's gonna be pissed." She glanced back at Kakashi who was practicing Chidori. "Anyways, you both make a great pair from what I have seen and heard. It's like you two were born to be Yin and Yang. Despite being opposites, you work like a whole." Naruto laughed sheepishly. "I'm not making any sense, am I?"