𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎

So Obito decided to join us afterall. Naruto mentally rolled her eyes, too tired to reopen them. The early chirpings of the crickets filled the silence, as well as the wind brushing the trees. The sounds soothed her, as she relaxed into her sleeping bag.

Judging by the different snores, one quite loud and the other soft, it was clear that Obito and Anko were sleeping like logs. Though, Naruto thought with a small smile, Obito muttered from his dreams, mumbling things that sounded like "Kakashi" and "I won."

Right as she was about to go to dreamland as well, she jerked up, as alarms sounded in her head. Jumping out of her sheets, Naruto whirled around to see a masked Anbu at the mouth of the skull. She relaxed slightly, but still kept up her guard.

"What are you doing here? Anbu aren't allowed to participate in the exams, are they?"

Something about this guy didn't sit well with her. The mask, she noticed, was shaped like a bird. Nothing unusual there. Frowning when he didn't answer, Naruto spoke again. "Is it a notice from the Hokage?"

All that came out of the man was silence, until he disappeared.

Naruto widened her eyes when a gloved hand covered her mouth, shunshin! But why―

Her eyes drooped, before all she could see was black.

When she regained consciousness, Naruto realized that it must have not been very long since she was knocked out. When her vision turned clearer, she realized that they were currently in the forest surrounding Konoha. She could see the walls through the gaps between leaves from various trees.

"Good, you're awake."

Turning her head up sharply at the man carrying her, she glared, seeing as that was all she could do with her mouth taped shut and hands bound together. She would have kicked him, too, but her she was strapped to the tree and he was just out of her reach.

The man turned to his other comrade. The woman's dark hair was tied up, and Naruto couldn't tell if it was black or brown. "We should hurry. Someone might notice that she's gone."

The woman's whole body was covered in black clothing and she wore a mask. She didn't change the direction her face was towards, which was on Naruto. Her voice was quite low, "I doubt that; the genjutsu would surely last until tomorrow morning at least. Till then, we have a lot of time. Besides," Finally, she turned her head towards the man, "the two kids she was with would merely think that she left them."

Naruto widened her eyes as the moonlight revealed the symbol on the mask's forehead.

Kumogakure.

The haze that had slightly clouded her senses was gone now, replaced by realization.

They were here for the Yellow Flash's sister. Of course.

Kumo planned to get a higher advantage over Konoha and Iwa. But, Naruto thought with an inward smirk, they had clearly underestimated how much she valued bonds. She had gotten that through to Anko pretty well, and Obito had learned about it long before.

However, they wouldn't find out that she's missing in time. They would think she just went out to hunt early in the morning. The higher ups will know that an intruder had entered the Konoha walls, but they wouldn't know what the enemy was after.

The man spoke back to the woman, "Fine, but we have a long way to go. Make sure the girl stays quiet."

Her arms itched from the tight ropes and her hair brushing against it.