𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8: 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚐𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚝!𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘

"The second part of the exams would be held here. Each of you would be called inside that room―" Hiruzen pointed to a metal door that had a barred window, "―and would be treated as if it were a real mission for up to an hour. You would each receive a paper, listing important information that is vital to the safety of the village. You must not give it away, under any circumstances."

Naruto blinked, before understanding. This was an interrogation test. Whoever's inside wants the information that was written on the sheet, and would do anything to have it. They could torture the contestants, mentally or physically, and it's up to their willpower whether they pass or not.

This is the real test.

She narrowed her gaze; the last one was basically a test on our physical strength, while this one is a test on the mental state. She looked around, everyone is given a second chance.

Her eyes shone with determination, I see.

Many came back out, terrified and shaking, in different times. Some was out not even half the limit, while most had passed successfully. The people who still haven't gone yet were glancing at the door in nervousness, anxious and frightened at what could be happening inside. Screams could be heard, causing the chunins to wince. Rin and Obito had already gone and passed, much to the Naruto's relief, and she noticed how the Uchiha was practically shining with glee. A whole lot more different from everyone else's pale expressions, but she'll ask him about it later. They, along with the others who had already been tested, were dismissed, leaving behind seven contestants, including the blonde.

"Namikaze Naruto."

Said girl ignored the eyes that followed her as she walked, wrapping her hand around the handle of the door. She sucked in a breath, closing her eyes, and relaxing the constant thudding in her heart. She pushed the door open, and opened her eyes to see a dark room, with nothing but a table and a chair.

In front of the metal desk was a tall and huge man, in a black suit and wearing a black bandana-styled hitai-ate.

He smirked, lips twisting as his eyes watched her every movement. "Welcome. You do know what you're here for, don't you?"She decided to amuse him, "Of course. I'm here to be promoted."

He let out a dark, loud chuckle. "Right, well you'll have to get through this first. I want information, and you seem to be a tough wall to break." His licked his lips, "I look forward to it."

Naruto suppressed the urge to shudder, being vaguely reminded of Ibiki, as she smirked back. "I do too."

She sat down on the chair, ignoring the way the table bit her with its coldness as she rested her arms.

Soon, she was overcome with complete darkness.

"What?"

Naruto looked around, seeing nothing but black. Odd… She looked down at herself, only to blink in surprise. She wore a white shirt with a red swirl, along with black pants and blue sandals. But that wasn't what surprised her.

She was in her―most likely―seven year old form.

Naruto rolled her eyes, what's with her and the age changing thing? She walked ahead, and was about to call out before she stopped dead in her tracks. The shiver that went up her spine travelled down her arms, the hair sticking up behind her neck.

"It's her. That monster."

"She should just dig up a hole and fall in. Preferably die in the process."