𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9:𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍

"I see it's doing well?" Naruto inquired, smiling softly as she and Fugaku watched the children play with the civilians' from outside the window. He curtly nodded, but she saw the slight quirk of his lips. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

Naruto had come to the Uchiha district, checking on how his end of the deal was going. She had been holding a wide grin as she watched the children of the clan interact with kids from the other clans or civilian families. She had seen the slight surprise as the parents had come to pick them up, but noticed it had been a pleasant one.

The bond between the Uchiha and the village was slowly being repaired.

"I have a proposition that might benefit the both of us..." The blonde raised a brow, prompting him to continue. "I would make this clan have a better future, as you have suggested. In return, I would like for you to ensure this clan's safety."

When he didn't continue, she repeated, "For me to ensure this clan's safety?" He had nodded once. "How?"

"To keep the secrets secret. I will change the Uchiha ways into a brighter, more pleasant clan. In return, you will prevent the fall of the clan; you will prevent the Uchiha massacre from ever happening, as well as any other assassination attempts on that matter. This way, I will do my part, and you do yours."

She smirked, "Very well."

Naruto's smile was still gentle, watching a child protest when his parent told him it was time to go home. The boy pouted, before following his mother back out of the district, waving a cheerful goodbye to his new playmates nonetheless.

"So I believe that your trip had already been decided then?" She turned to look up at the man, before looking back out of the glass, head resting on a palm lazily.

"Yes, I would be leaving with Jiraiya a little over a month after the exams end." Naruto's eyes followed the bubbles a young girl blew, "The first of July."

Fugaku sighed, "I believe you haven't told your teammates? Obito had never mentioned anything about you leaving for a while."

Naruto laughed softly, "He does tend to react a little over necessary. But no, I haven't. I plan on telling them once the exams are finally over. I don't want to distract them or anything. Kakashi and my fa―brother, I might have to tell earlier." She shrugged, "Who knows, maybe Jiraiya's already told Nii-san."

"... Hn. Itachi has been asking about you."

The blonde's surprise was clearly expressed on her face, as she lifted her head up to see him. "Itachi? What about me?"

He placed his arms on the table, "Yes, he seems to... respect you quite greatly."

Naruto laughed, "Respect? Me? I'm honored, but I can't really see why he feels that way, Fugaku-sama." She smiled, "Besides, we haven't known each other until nearly half a month ago."

Fugaku shook his head, "Regardless of whatever you may think, it is true. He is a sharp one, that boy. I know even he can tell how deep your powers lie." There was barely a hint of a smile on his face, but she could tell it was there.

The girl blushed slightly at the praise, "I thank you for your compliments, but I doubt that's the reason―"

One of the clan head's eyebrows raised up, "Believe what you want, but you will see once the time comes. He has the ability to see many things that even I can't when I was his age."

Naruto merely nodded, not releasing a breath of resignation.

I think it is about time we get an upgrade in the Bijuu mode.