𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 : 𝚁𝚒𝚗&𝙾𝚋𝚒𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔

Rin nodded approvingly at her reflection on the mirror. She did not wear her hitai-ate, so she braided the lock of hair that would cover her face to the side, pinning it in place. Her lavender yukata was patterned with silver and pink outlines of nadeshiko flowers, wrapped tightly together by a pastel blue obi.

Grinning at the sound of the doorbell, she shuffled quickly to answer it.

"Hey, Rin! You look amazing!" Obito gave her his brighter than the usual smile. Rin had gotten a faint red tint on her cheeks.

"You're not so bad yourself." She smiled teasingly.

The Uchiha wore a black yukata with no designs on it except for his clan symbol on the back. Wrapped loosely around his waist was a thin, white obi, and Obito didn't wear his goggles or hitai-ate.

"Heh, thanks." He rubbed the back of his neck, scratching his cheek as he grinned. "So, wanna go?"

Rin grinned, holding Obito's hand as they looked through the different, brightly colored stalls around them. The Uchiha then blinked, stopping as he tried to stifle his laughter with his free hand. Rin raised a brow, and followed his gaze.

Naru had just flipped a fish in the air.

Rin gaped, barely noticing that the other viewers had done the same, as the goldfish twisted and turned in slow motion. She snapped her mouth shut at Obito's boisterous laugh. "Obito! It isn't funny! Look at that poor fish-"

"Nah, that's not what I'm laughing at! Look at Kakashi's face!" Obito continued to laugh loudly, catching the attention of many people. Rin frowned, before doing as he said.

She had thrown herself in a fit of laughter as well.

Not only was Kakashi's wide, panicked eye a funny and rare expression to watch, Naru's was hilarious. Naru had her mouth agape, eyes just close to popping out as it followed the fish's movements. The blonde had thrust her arms in front of her, resulting in her falling, the water splashing out of its container.

"Ah, now that I saw them playing around, I want to try a game." Obito grinned down at Rin, "Wanna go to the shooting game we saw earlier?"

Rin smiled ear to ear, "Sure. I bet I can take the most stuff down."

"Oh? Bring it on!"

"So? I think it's clear who won." Rin grinned as she blew the end of her gun. "Aren't I a pro?"

Obito rolled his eyes, muttering, "I swear you're becoming more like Naru with each passing day." He then grumbled, "Well... a bet's a bet. Whaddya want to do?"

"Chocolate covered strawberries!"

"That's a dessert, Rin."

She pouted, "Fine. I want you to buy me some chocolate covered strawberries. Lots of it."

"Lots? How many is that?" Obito scoffed, but had a smile on his face. "And do they even have that around here? There are only bananas-Gah! Okay, okay!" He waved his hands around, panicking at Rin's sad expression.

"It's alright, Obito, we can just-"

"No it's not alright! I'm sure we'll find some soon if we try hard enough! Ah! I think the crepe stall would have some!" Rin had on a bright, blinding grin.

Boys were so easy to manipulate.

Somewhere, Namikaze Minato sneezed as he let himself be dragged by a cackling redhead.

Obito flopped on the grass, absolutely tired as he sucked in large gulps of air. Rin smiled happily, biting onto her chocolate-covered strawberries next to him.

Once she was sure he had regained a normal pace of breathing, Rin popped one of the fruits in his mouth, inwardly pumping a fist when she saw Obito's blush.

She looked back at the lake. The surface of the glass like liquid had been draped with moonlight, sparkling softly. Obito watched the water slowly move up and down, almost like it was breathing.

"I never get enough of this place." Obito had a small smile on his face. "Whenever I feel upset about something, I come here at night." He blinked when Rin linked her hands with his, and the smile almost succeeded in splitting his face.

"It really is beautiful," Rin agreed, "brings back a lot of nice memories, too. With the team and all that."

"Ah, yeah! I still remember 'accidentally' dropping the demon cat in the water."

Rin giggled, "Right, I do, too. Kakashi was really mad at you for breaking the mission rules, Obito."

"Psh. He wanted to torture the beast-I'm sure of it. He just said that to keep up his 'stick-shoved-up-his-ass' reputation."

"Haha, you really love that line, don't you? Well, I'm sorry for Kakashi but it suited him perfectly."
Obito grinned, "It still sorta does. Although, he's a whole lot better now that he's with Naru and all."

"I think we did a good job." Rin smiled widely, "They seem pretty happy."

"Yeah." He stared ahead at the flowing dark water, "How about us?"

Rin didn't blink. "I think it would work quite well." She tightened her fingers around his. "I like you, Obito." She looked up at him, to see his wide eyes staring back at her.

Rin leaned forwards, and Obito only just realized he had done the same. Faces mere centimeters apart, they both jumped at the sound of an explosion, followed by another.

They looked at the colorful reflections blasting on the glass surface, and realized that the fireworks had started.

The two found themselves blushing, knowing what would have happened had it began even just a second later. Drawing back, Obito and Rin kept their eyes on the bursting rainbows.

Rin snuck a glance at Obito's awed expression, and smiled to herself as she looked back at the fireworks. Obito did the same, but he didn't drift his eyes back to the display. Instead, he called her name.

Rin hummed in question, shifting her head slightly to face him, and was taken aback at the pair of lips on hers. Widening her eyes, she stared back at coal orbs, full of warmth and love, all directed at her.

She blinked a few times out of her stupor as Obito closed his eyes. Rin hesitantly brought her hands to his shoulders, and kissed him back.

They barely heard the loud fireworks setting off in the night sky.

🎉 You've finished reading ♥︎|𝕹𝖆𝖗𝖚𝖙𝖔 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖉𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌?|♥︎ 🎉