𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5:𝚠𝚘𝚊𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚏𝚏 𝚒𝚗 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜

"Kurama?"

"The Nine Tails' name. I learnt about it not too long before I got to this timeline. I wouldn't mind explaining, but you have to focus on the stuff happening right now."

Before Jiraiya could blink, he was looking at Yahiko, with a Rasengan in hand.

His mouth formed the words, "Give up―" He felt himself being literally thrown at the enemy. "―on me giving up!"

Jiraiya had to admit, this teenager was definitely as strong―if not stronger―than him. To be able to draw natural energy on her own, to complete the ultimate Rasengan, this girl is a genius. He would have shaken his head in amazement if he could.

The scene changed, and through the blonde girl's eyes, he saw that he was in a dark room before realizing that the walls were made out of paper. He could see a female in a long, dark cloak with red clouds, a red interior, and a chin-high collar and soon recognized her as Konan. He mentally smiled at how beautiful she had become, as he expected and told her when he was leaving his first three students.

He then took note of the man next to her, and took a moment to realize that it was indeed Nagato. The red hair and the purple eyes with ripples surrounding the pupil, the Rinnegan confirmed it.

Jiraiya's mind stopped functioning for a minute when he saw how exhausted the man looked, and that was definitely an understatement. His ribs were painfully visible and the young―judging by how Konan looked―man looked like a mere sack of bones, his lips were dry and chapped when his―Naruto's―eyes adjusted to the darkness and he was able to take a better look.

The metal poles sticking out of Nagato's back made him look a whole lot worse than he already is.

Jiraiya widened his eyes as Naruto's mind flashed his future self and Kakashi's dead form, wanting to claw away at the anger and hatred he felt from her.

The redhead looked directly into Naruto's eyes. "Do you hate me? You're facing the object of your vendetta. Don't you wish to exact revenge?"

Jiraiya and Naruto's mind flashed again, this time of the Pain's Yahiko.

A cycle of Hatred begins.

I formed the Akatsuki to stop this cycle.

Konan spoke, "Even if you get your revenge, nothing would change but your own satisfaction."

Naruto stayed quiet, remembering her encounter with her father.

As long as this shinobi system exists, the monster known as hatred will not die; it will give birth to more Pains. To be a ninja is to confront hatred. Each and every one of us fights it. Jiraiya-sensei trusted you to find a way to end this hatred.

Naruto's hand clenched into a tight, shaking fist as Nagato's deep, dark voice projected, "Someone like you, who doesn't know the answer, can't do anything but obediently sacrifice yourself for the peace which I am about to create!"

Jiraiya noticed a spike flying towards Naruto from the machine Nagato was in, and he was sure the blonde did, too. He prepared himself for the incoming pain, knowing what the girl wanted.

Naruto doubled over as the sounds of her blood splattered onto the floor, face scrunched up in pain.

Nagato watched, "At this short distance, I could easily control your movements with my chakra. Rest assured I avoided your vital spots; you are the invaluable jinchuuriki of the Nine Tails, after all."

Jiraiya painfully felt the Kyuubi's chakra mix with the Sage's, as Naruto's irises changed to blood-red, pupils narrowed to a slit. Her whisker-like marks grew thicker as her teeth became sharper, making her look more feral. He watched as Nagato was overwhelmed by the chakra, alerting the purple haired woman.

"Nagato! What's wrong?"

Naruto bent forwards again, "I… came with the intent to talk to you. But I also wanted to confirm something."

Nagato repeated, "Confirm something?"

"I wanted… to confirm my feelings." Naruto slowly got up. "If I stood here before my enemy… what would I do? I wasn't sure of myself."

"So?"

Naruto struggled as she pulled out the metal spike, hurting both her and Jiraiya. "I can't forgive you after all! Even now… even now I want to kill you so bad I won't stop shaking!" She glared up at him, as she finally tore it out. Konan stepped forward in alarm, disbelieving, while Nagato's eyes were wide.

Naruto dashed forwards, thrusting her fist forward as she cried out. Konan threw herself in front of her childhood friend, preparing for the impact.

Even I can see that there's too much hate in the shinobi world and I've wanted to do something about it, but I'm stumped on what must be done.

The flashback changed to Jiraiya, at the same place and time, laughing loudly and happily. I'm glad I made you my student!

The hand stopped along with the blonde's feet, Naruto leaning backwards, sand and dust forming puffs of clouds by her abrupt stop. Both Akatsuki members surprised as Jiraiya softened his eyes inside.

Naruto casted her eyes down, hand still in mid-air, "Ero-sennin said that he believed the day would come when people can truly understand each other." Her fists shook as her voice wavered, "At that time, I wasn't paying much attention. She brought it down, slightly slouching. "Even when he told me he'd entrust me with finding the answer, I only took it as a sign that he was acknowledging me as his student.

"Thinking back, I finally understand what he meant, that it's not that easy."

"Still, that doesn't change the fact that you can't forgive me. Words of forgiveness come easy. Love does not."

"Yeah, you're right about that."

"Jiraiya-sensei's words reflect an idealism from an era long past. It is too far from reality. Didn't you say you would kill me, and bring peace to the world?" The orange tint around Naruto's eyes faded away, as her irises seeped into her pupil. The pupil soon shrunk back to normal, along with her whiskers. "Even if you seek vengeance for self-satisfaction, if that is your idea of justice, so be it. You're not god―after witnessing this harsh reality, could you honestly still believe on Jiraiya-sensei's ridiculous ramblings?"

Naruto's eyes casted to the floor again. "When I found out you were his student, I desperately wanted to ask you one thing."

"What is it?"

"How could the students of Ero-sennin turn out the way you guys did? I understand you aren't like the rest of the Akatsuki, who kill out of sheer enjoyment, but I don't know a thing about you guys. That's why… I want to hear your stories, and then come up with an answer."

"Very well; we'll tell you about our pain!"