Chapter 5

The entire time he was laying there he was staring as if I was his only entertainment. I shifted uncomfortably, trying to look anywhere else except the glare from Starscream. I hate stares it makes a feeling of being judged. "Your good to go Starscream." Knockout's voice cut in, stepping away from Starscream so he could get up and walk to the door, slouching as he went. After observing, which I don't do unless I'm ABSOLUTELY bored, but anyways they seemed annoyed with Starscream, rolling their eyes, sneering some words, not bad ones just impolite.

I was still wondering why he was hurt, I also am trying to find out if the Autobots did it, I do hope not. I coughed awkwardly and talked, "why was he hurt?" I asked, watching their faces turn to me. They had that weird expression on their faces, but didn't mind saying anything and turned away, kinda reminds me when my dad doesn't want to play with me. A few loose tears spilled, still sad about not getting a second of sleep and the fact they are deciding to ignore me.

I wanted to ask about food, I was getting hungry. "Hey, um, mister, can I, uh, get some food?" I asked, nervousness kicking me hard. "Food? Oh, yeah, forgot you humans need food." He said, mainly to himself, I think. I hadn't realized Knockout left until now. Breakdown left too, possibly coming back in a short amount of time.

I went to stand but something loud hit the cage floor. I looked down, seeing my phone on the floor! How did I not feel it until now, or even drop it until now? I bent down and picked it up. at first, when it didn't turn on I thought it was dead, but after holding the power button and one of the sound amplifier buttons, poof it was on!

And the first thing I heard was an amber alert, shouting loudly at me about a missing person. And, oh, hey, it's talking about me! Didn't think I'd see this anytime soon- er I mean at all.

The bad thing about the amber alert, it had alerted someone. "What was all the noise?" Breakdown asked, coming back into the room. I just stared at him as he stared back, and sadly I lost the staring contest. "What are you doing?" He asked skeptically, coming closer. "I am sorry, I forgot I had my phone and once I found it an amber alert came on, about me."

He opened the cage and held out his hand, I shamefully put it in his hand letting him take it. I hate amber alerts a lot more now, why can't they just be a message and not a blaring loud noise with information? He turned to look at me before he left, turning to the door and leaving the room in silence.

I sat back down, looking at the floor, my mind didn't feel like resting or thinking at the moment. So I laid down and looked up at the ceiling, this was going to be a long day. A boring and long day.

x

I decided I was going to try my idea of stuffing my body out of the cage, and since Lucky made a decent-sized hole, I might be able to use it to get out of there. I wiped all the tears I had and got up, striding towards the hole in the bars. I turned and twist my head, getting it outside the cage. I mentally cheered and got my whole body out. But now what was I going to do? I stood up and looked around, my still teary eyes making it more difficult.

"Did they think those bars could hold me for long!" I goofily said, remembering all those funny and happy cartoons I watched before all this had happened. The only thing that was there that could help me get over to another counter, which had a sly little vent tucked away behind some items, was the shelf. And of course, you needed to step on a few things and jump to get there.

No matter what you do, you have to take risks. I said a quote, didn't I? I smiled, at least I can make myself smile in the worst situations. I skipped over to a few huge but small enough for me to climb on, and started the horrid process of pulling or dragging them to the edge of the counter.

It felt a forever ago that I had started, and I had only pulled one object I needed to it's place. I huffed angrily, why do I have to be so small and weak when this happens? I pouted, pushing with all my might, I laughed after I put it in its place, looking at the next item. It was the smallest, so no biggie, wrong. It was the heaviest item there! I looked between the gap I had to make the object go to.

I whined, pushing the huge object to the best of my ability. If I don't finish up and get out of here, they will put me back in that cage, or worse, in a closed small area with no light and play spooky noises to hunt me forever! My wit to get out was stronger than ever! I think. I pushed it into its spot and climbed on it, climbing on the next, then the last.

I hesitated, the gap to the shelf was pretty big, and if I fell... I don't want to think about it. More tears had found their way out of my eyes. I couldn't help it, I was scared, scared of death, scared of what happens after, scared for my dad, what he'll think. I have someone who's waiting on me, and I won't disappoint them, I hope. I stepped back, ready to jump, I closed my eyes and though about nice things to get the negativity out.

I leaped, my hands grabbing the edge, they were slipping! I tried controlling my breathing but I couldn't. I put in all my strength, almost slipping and falling to my death. I grabbed a nearby item on the shelf, using it to help myself up, I am so glad it was about to stay and not move with my weight. Once I was fully on the shelf I collapsed, I was tired, REALLY tired.

I can't sleep not here, I will be busted, and I will be in horrible consequences. I have to make it to the vents, now! I got up, convincing my body to have a reason to move. I walked as fast as I could, and luckily for me, the shelf didn't have a large gap like the other one. I sighed in relief, breathing a breath I did not know I was holding.

Also luckily for me, the vent could be opened and closed easily. I looked back to the room, a mess for me, I looked into the dark vent, the only light was from this room. Only if I had my phone with me.

Rewritten
1184 words