Chapter 41

"..."

Did I hear... beeping? No, not only that but is that a heart monitor or whatever they have at hospitals along with it...? I felt extremely dizzy and everything felt swore... what happened again? Oh... yeah... I remember now. Arachnid kidnapped me for revenge or something and almost killed me, but my family saved me. But, I know this is not the Nemesis, it's not this warm and not this blinding even with my eyes closed... should I open them anyway?

I blinked my eyes open... Everything was white, this was a hospital. This is giving me horrible memories I don't want to travel back to... the fire...

"She is fine... though, she has been in a coma for around five days now. We are not sure when she will wake, not too long though. She has some serious injuries." Who is this woman talking on the other side of the room? And now that I can see, I have cords connecting to my arms. Strange liquid going through it. I also see a bag with blood in it...

"And what are the most serious injuries did Daisy acquire?" You heard... Megatron's voice? This was a hospital, how is he talking to someone in a hospital when he's like 36ft tall? Oh, I recall Knockout turning into a human once... was it when I joined him on that race, how long ago was that again? I think the correct term for what the process was called started with holo... can't remember.

I continued to eavesdrop on the conversation about me. "A fractured knee and arm, her back was close but not close enough to be considered a broken bone. Multiple stab wounds that almost caused her death with the loss of blood. She also seemed to open old wounds from a past injury caused by a fire, yes?" How did she- actually, don't the hospitals keep track of this sort of thing? I think so.

"Yes... what's the prediction, for now, that she'd wake up?" This time another voice that sounded like bits and pieces of a conversation linked together to talk, must be Soundwave. Wait, how does he know about this? The fire? Hmm, might have to ask later if I remember.

"Mph... we are not sure, most likely a week or so, patients that have gone through less have been out for weeks and even months." The prediction was way off, cause here I am, alive and awake. I also don't want to scream or yell to be noticed so they know I'm awake, my throat is scratchy from all the screaming and crying from the pain that occurred not too long ago.

"Soundwave... Megatron...?" I still whispered out their names despite the pain my throat gained from doing so. I hoped that Soundwave could hear me, he seemed the most likely to...

"Well, we'll be leaving. Please do inform us if she awakens." I hear footsteps heading away from my room, there goes my little 'calling out for them' plan. If that girl doesn't come in here then I'm going to make an escape plan, 10/10. No fail, just death- I mean escape.

"..."

I heard her walk off... FRAG! Um, oops... good thing Megatron just left a minute ago. Gah! How am I supposed to do this... welp, I'm just going to go for it...

x

I- I have no idea how I go out of that bed and out of those cords with no problem except being on the floor with tons of pain... "Easy..." I muttered, getting up on my feet. It was not easy... it was night, I hope that makes escaping easier. I grinned and held onto the bed for support, there was a giant cast on my knee, arm, and around my torso. Annoying. "Hmph..." I looked around and spotted a wheelchair in the corner folded up.

I smiled and limped over to it... this will make this easy, I hope I'm on the first floor. I grab the wheelchair and put it in the more open area to unfold it... I am terrible at unfolding. I took ten minutes fiddling with the chair before getting it to unfold and allow me to sit on it. I sat there and looked at the wheels and at the door for my exit. I remember seeing videos and ads that featured people in a wheelchair before, they just held onto the wheels and... pushed?

I grabbed on the wheel and wheeled them forward, or whatever you'd like to call it. I barely moved, I was weak with this arm and in general. I sighed, more like groaned, and continued to try. I, after some time of trying to move and doing it very slowly, made it to the door. I leaned forward and grabbed the door handle and twisted it. Seeing long hallways that are of course white and shiny, like marble.

How was I supposed to get out of here in time? I'm like an old granny walking in traffic and can barely walk, except I am in a hallway that might have multiple staff numbers that could send me right back to where I started and I am using a wheelchair with no experience... This is going to be a long night.

870 words