76: Kankagari Baby {🍋}

Warning: this chapter contains lemon, if you dislike sexual themes, go to the next chapter. Thanks!

তততততততততততততততততততততততততততত

|Timeskip to several months later|

You struggled to keep your (e/c) eyes awake.

You'd already lost track of how long you been at this as you groaned and shifted on your makeshift bed of pillows to get more comfortable.

You were in the 3rd and final trimester of your pregnancy and every day you woke; your belly seemed to keep getting bigger and bigger as the days went by.

With the baby within you growing every day, you had gradually turned into something akin to a walrus.

Despite this, you found yourself craving bell peppers, cucumbers, and spicy chicken curry. You felt huge and unattractive, with swollen ankles and stretch marks aligning both your breasts and stomach, but that never deterred your husband in the slightest.

To Kyōjurō, you're perfection. Your pregnancy has left you a stay at home mom and everyday when he'll return home; he'll drop to his knees to shower your round belly in kisses before kissing you.

Kyōjurō wishes that it was only pride that burns through his veins at the sight of you, barefoot and pregnant, pottering around the house.

Throughout your trimesters, he's been nothing but helpful. Holding back your hair and rubbing your back, soothing you whenever your morning sickness hits. And taking care of you whenever you start complaining about aching muscles and sore joints.

What with all the affectionate hugs and touches you thoughtlessly bestow, the way you would sat yourself down next to him, so he can feel when your baby's kicking.

"How are doing, my love?" Kyōjurō's voice breaks through the boring silence.

You huffed, "I'm bored Kyō," you whined, averting your gaze away from the burning torch in front of you and glanced at him.

"Don't you ever grow bored of this?"

Kyōjurō smiles, "never. It's a family tradition and you only have another hour to go."

You whined childishly at that, before burying your face in the pillow. You're bored, your eyes are starting to grow heavy, and you swear you see orange and yellow dots dance across your vision.

You loathed the idea of staring at a burning flame everyday while being pregnant with child.

Kyōjurō frowns, seeing your displeasure. It never appealed to him to see you so miserable. He could sense your deprived need for entertainment and attention. Your mood has become more labile since while adjusting with the prominent belly and the surge of hormones.

You yelp when he move to sat in front of you.

Without a word, he gently takes your leg and places it into his lap; allowing his hands to massage your skin as if sensing that partaking in Kankagari is giving you trouble today.

You sigh at his touch and in relief as his massages your feet. His rough hands are gentle, but dig deep into the sole of your foot, working their magic.