Chapter 3: First Day

Loona taught me the basics of how to do the grill, it was easy just to drop the patties on the grill. Even I didn't understand a few things at first, she was patient and taught me of what I was confused on. She grabbed my right hand and puts a few small Pattie's on the grill. She guided my arm and taught me a few techniques, but it was easy anyway but I'm starting to think she was flirting with me since she moved my arms of showing me and felt her breasts touching the back of my head.

She finally let's go and watches me how to do the meat myself. I dropped a patty that they needed for an order, and I dropped a patty and flipped it with the spatula. Loona gave me an approving smile and went to go check with Renamon that is putting the sandwiches together and gave them to Krystal to send the orders to the customers.

Renamon was the only employee that is only assigned to do the sandwiches, nuggets and fry products and grill as well and she can do it all simultaneously with her speed but when I'm here now, it would be less stressful for her but sometimes Loona or Dasha helps her out when she struggles to keep up.

"I need two quarter pounder patties!" Renamon shouted.

"Coming right up!" I answered as I drop the patties on the grill.

Later, the lunch rush was just starting as everyone tries to get every ordered filled, as for me, I was starting to struggle as I tried to cook the meat for Renamon. I kept hearing Nika needing an order at front counter while she is taking the orders at the front register, and I know she was getting frustrated already by her tone. I hurried and sent the cooked meat to Renamon and ran back and forth to keep up.

I dropped more on the grill and hurried when I heard a couple more orders popping up on the monitor and I struggled. Krystal noticed with her telepathic powers and told Loona that I needed a hand. I almost dropped the patties while I ran to Renamon, and Loona caught them in time and gave them to her.

"Careful runt. Ill give you a hand." Loona says as she helped me out through the lunch rush.

The rush ended after 1pm and I was cleaning my station and getting some more patties from the freezer, and I felt Nika passed by and flicked my ear. I know she must be one of those employees that will give me a hard time, but I ignored it.

Krystal and Loona were sitting down at the lobby and trying to decide to plan the positions of where the crew is going to be at.

"Since I did front counter all day today, You and Dasha are going to do front while I go and do order taker at the drive through window." Krystal says.

"Ok that's fine but should we put Nika at grill with Stan while Dasha does cash register, we did have a few customer complaints about her being surely while taking their orders." Loona suggested.

"I'm not sure because Nika has been teasing him and flirting with him and I didn't like it." Krystal says.

"Then, what do you suggest?" Loona asked.

"Renamon and Dasha can do the kitchen, Nika and You can do the front, Stan can be at cash register while Diane can train him and I'll do drive thru." Krystal says.

"Ok that will work." Loona agrees.

They headed back to the kitchen and Krystal told me to go on break and I head to the register to see what should I get to eat for my free meal. I ordered a Double Quarter Pounder meal with some fries and a drink and went to the soda fountain for some coke and sat down at the window while I waited for my food.

I was in deep thought about my mom being in quarantine and it's really worries me that she could get more sick with Covid because it's very unpredictable.

Just then, Loona came with my meal and hers and sat across from me.

"How you enjoy working here?" She asked.

"Oh, um.... It's okay." I answered.

"Don't be shy at me runt, I don't bite." She said with a smirk.

"I'm not."

"Is this how shy you are talking to a girl?"

"Of course not."

"Fine, fine. But You will like working here?"

"Yeah, but that shark friend of your is messing with me."

"Don't mind her. You are the only male here which means she likes to flirt with you."

"Oh right." I answered.

"You sound cute." Loona says with a smirk.

"Um. Thanks."

I started eating my lunch and the hellhound that is sitting across from me is starting to make me feel weird. Not in a uncomfortable way. Just in a crush way. I wonder how bad dinner time will be?