Chapter 12: McRib rush

Another day, another dollar at work. It was busy during the evening and there were many orders of our old favorite promotional item, the McRib.

I was getting some McRib Patties on the grill and someone from the drive thru just ordered ten McRibs and I bet Renamon was kinda pissed about that since she struggled a little and got some McRib sauce on her as she hurried to get the orders out.

"Goddammt." Renamon says as she tried to clean the sauce off her apron with a cleaning rag.

"Stay positive Renamon, the rush will be over soon." Dasha says as she takes an order to the front counter.

"I know, I know." Renamon said as she continued.

"We might run out of McRibs today!" I shouted when I gave some cooked ones to Renamon.

"How many boxes do we have left?" Loona asked.

"Last time I checked. We only have two boxes left in the freezer."

"Dang it little man, why didn't you tell us earlier?" Dasha asked as she sighs in frustration.

"I was busy cooking the Patties and forgotten about it." I spoke.

"Hey Diane! We might run out of McRibs at this rate." Krystal warns.

"If we ran out, tell them we are sold out." Diane instructs.

"Ok." Krystal says.

"Hey! What's the hold up? I have along line up front." Nika asked.

"I'm doing my best! Be patient Baby Shark!" Renamon shouted.

"Don't call me that!" Nika shouted.

"Stay positive everyone!" Diane shouted.

     As the dinner rush got worse, I hurried to the freezer to get the last two cases of McRib patties.

I picked up both boxes and ran back fast to the grill but accidentally tripped and fell. Krystal and Dasha came and helped me stand up.

"You alright?" Krystal asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered as I limped to the grill.

"Be careful next time. No need to rush. Dasha says as flicked my hair a little.

"Alright. Alright." I said as I continued.

     We all continued no matter how bad the rush was and what's worse, we just ran out of McRibs on the first day and even a few customers that already ordered wanted refunds or something else that would satisfy them. I was exhausted and tired and my leg was killing me still when I tripped.

Krystal was getting concerned and went to check on me.

"You are doing alright?" Krystal asked.

"I'm fine." I answered.

"I sense a real nasty bruise on your leg. How about you sit down on the crew room for a bit?" Krystal suggested as she took me to the crew room to sit down for a minute.

   Not as the day was getting worse as when Stella Goetia came back for another order. And Nika is not in the mood for her again.

"You again? What do you want now?"  Nika asked.

"Watch your attitude shark. I want a large McRib meal to go." Stella ordered.

"Well, I'm sorry because we are all out of McRibs until tomorrow." Nika says.