Chapter 4: Dinner rush

As the sun started to dip down, the rush was bad today that there was an extensive line at drive thru and at the dining room that I was struggling to keep up at grill and Renamon started helping me out on grill of getting the meat out.

"Man, this is bad." I spoke.

"Don't worry it will quiet down later." Renamon says as she ran back to line and started building the burgers and packing the nuggets and sends them to Diane to give them to the customers.

    Nika was trying to get the line shorter at the front counter but dealing with a few customers taking forever to make their decision of what they want. A senior human couple was trying to think of what they want, and she is getting frustrated, but they finally ordered and Nika took their cash and gave them their change and receipt and what is worse, she needed to go to the bathroom.

"God dammit..." She quietly said to herself and tries to hold it while taking more orders.

Loona was doing the fries and tries to get them ready in the containers before Diane grabs them for the order. I dropped some raw patties fast and I accidentally burned my hand and grunted in pain.

"You, okay?" Dasha asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said as I continued sending the meat patties to Renamon.

     I Looked at my hand and there was a horrible blister forming on my second-degree burn. I ignored the pain and continued working on the grill. Dasha noticed Diane was struggling and ran to help but accidently ran into Loona which caused her to drop a tray of a customer's order.

"Come on Dasha. Now we must remake that." Loona says as she picked up the food and threw it away.

"Sorry." Dasha says as she helped Diane sending the orders off.

Renamon noticed that I was struggling to keep up and grunting in pain, she went to me and asked, "You alright?"

"Yes..." I answered as I gave her the meat, she needed but she didn't leave and saw my horrible burn on my hand.

"Loona!" Renamon shouted as she told to come here.

"What's up?" Loona asked.

"He burned himself."

"No, no I'm okay." I spoke.

"Stan, that looks bad. Follow me." Loona says as she took me to the office.

    Loona grabbed the first aid kid and grabbed some burning aloe and grabbed a cloth and a glove and got started. She started applying the aloe on my burn, but she accidentally popped my blister, and I jolted in pain as I felt the burning pain of the aloe on it. Loona then applied a bandage around my hand.

"Since you have an open wound, you will be on cash register." Loona says as she took me to the front counter.

  Nika really needed to go to the bathroom, but was stubborn to hold it and tries to get the line of customers taken care off.

"Hey Nika, Stan will be taking over cash register, you will be on grill helping Renamon.

"Fine by me but...." Nika says as she ran out of the front counter and ran to the restroom fast to go.

"Looks like she needed to go." I spoke.

"I warned her not to drink too much soda during her break." Loona says with a disappointment.

    I laughed and went to the cash register and started taking the customer's order. Even though I never understand how it is hard to Nika to do this. It is simple in my opinions unless a Karen comes in. After I got all the customers in line. There was one customer that gave me an unhappy look and she was a common Karen in any place. Stella.

"Welcome to McDonalds, how can I help you?" I asked.

"Looks like they finally hired a man here, but I don't give a shit." Just give me two Mcdoubles, and I want those patties fresh, and I want 20 McNuggets and I want them cooked fresh this time and a large soft drink. Am I fucking clear?" Stella asks in a rude tone.

"Yes ma'am. That will be ten dollars and seventy-five cents please." I spoke.

   She swiped her debit card on the keypad and gave me a scary look that caused me to fear her a little before she sat down and waits for her order. I saw Nika running back and jumping on grill, and I told her that she needs to cook the patties and nuggets fresh, and she noticed Stella was here again and I heard Nika growl loudly before heading to the grill. I bet she dealt with Stella already.

The rush started to slow down and started to become stable. And I waited at the register for any customers to walk up but Stella staring at me makes me uncomfortable. I seen her tapping her claws on the table loudly and being impatient waiting for her food. I avoid looking at her while I hope they finish her order fast.

  Nika wanted some payback and wanted to spit in Stella's food, but Krystal made sure she did not and do the right thing.

"Nika do not even think about doing that. You will get arrested for food tampering and assault." Krystal warns.

   Nika sighed and did the right thing of not doing something she will regret and gave the fresh meat patties to Renamon to put together the sandwiches, loaded the fresh nuggets in the box, and gave the food to Diane to bag.

  Diane gave me Stella's food and I hesitated to give it to her because of how scared I was. I swallowed my dignity and walked up to Stella and gave her food. She snatched and looked in the bag and sees everything in order and walks out without a word. I sighed in relief and headed back to the cash register.

     As the clock reached closing time, I help Loona clean up the dining room by taking the trash out, cleaning the tables, sweeping, and then mopping. Nika went to clean the bathrooms, while Dasha and Renamon cleans and closes the kitchen. As for Loona and Diane, they counted the profit and places it in the safe.

     The it was an interesting experience on my first day of working but now I see how crazy it can be to work at a fast-food restaurant, but I will not stop that easily because it's time for me to see the real world. As we closed the door, I was about to walk home but Loona offered me a ride home since it is midnight, and the streets can be dangerous during that time. I went with Loona, and she drove me home.