Chapter 24: Refresh

As it was a new day, I headed to work and couldn't remember anything after I stormed off work yesterday. However, I don't feel angry or anything out of the unusual. I noticed I saw my uniform neatly folded on my dresser and my hat that I accidentally left at the store was on my dresser as well. I brushed it off and took a shower and got ready for the day.

Meanwhile, the girls were doing their jobs of serving for the customers and hoping that I come to work today. Nika kept watch at the front entrance hoping to see me coming in. Diane noticed and went to her.

"Don't worry, Nika. He will come in." Diane says as she pats her on the back.

Loona was working on the grill and tries to stay calm since she wanted to kill Stella for what she did to me yesterday, but finally lets it since she heard the news that Stella is going to the prison in hell for eternity since she did violate some rules of traveling in the living realm as well.

   "Well, at least that Karen bitch got what she deserved." Renamon said as she took the patties from Loona.

   "It doesn't even matter. I wanted her killed for what she did to Stan. He didn't deserve to be raped and being manipulated like that. She really crossed the line of making things worse for him." Loona says in anger as she dropped more patties on the grill.

"I know Loona, but what's done is done. And besides, Stolas was able to make him happy again for helping him with his powers." Dasha says as she takes an order to the front counter.

   "Stan is a very fragile hearted human. He never deserved any of that trouble in the first place." Loona says back.

  "That's what we are doing right now. We are his friends, and we will protect him from any harm from now on." Krystal says as she takes the cash from the Drive-thru customer.

"He should be here by now." Renamon says.

"Just five more minutes till his shift starts." Diane says as she looks at the clock.

   Nika looked fast as she saw me coming in and ran and gave a tight hug. She barely swung me around a few times while giving me a few kisses on the cheek.

"Hey, hey. Take it easy on him." Loona spoke.

   Nika chuckled and finally put me down and then Loona hugged me a gave me a few kisses as well. I was confused why they were this happy to see me. Where were they upset when I just stormed out yesterday? I guess.

After I clocked in, I took over grill for Loona while she goes do her manager duties in the kitchen. I knew my routine and gave the patties that Renamon needed. We all got to work and had fun as a team once again. The lunch rush wasn't bad today as I was helping Dasha serve all the Dine in orders to the customers in the lobby.

As there was a problem with the customer over a wrong order or a messed-up order, I helped Nika out, so she won't make a mistake of getting in trouble again. Some of the situations were resolved but some were Karens, and Diane had to step in to fix those kinds of problems. Afterwards, I just headed back to the grill and worked together with Renamon again.

Loona teased me a few times by messing with my hair every time she passes by. I sometimes tease her back by flipping her long hair over her head. Dasha laughed a few times when she saw me do that to Loona a few times.

She growled a few times when I do that to her, and she gets payback by flipping my hat off my head a few times. Just then Diane told us to stop doing it and we both did and got back to work. Renamon laughed at us when we got in trouble just for that.

I headed back to the grill and Krystal finally was able to clear the drive-thru while Dasha and Loona hurries to send all the food to the customers. Dasha accidentally spilled ice cream on herself and she grunts in frustration.

"Its just a stain." Loona says as she gives the sundae to the customer.

"Ill be back." Dasha says as she goes to the restroom to clean herself. While I took her place and helped Loona at front.

As the dinner rush finally stops. We all stocked up our products and took a breather for a bit while it was downtime and no customers to deal with right now. As went to the back room, Nika followed me from behind and wanted a time with me and I didn't mind as Diane and the others don't catch us.

Nika slammed her lips onto mine and I gave in and smooched with her for a couple of minutes until Krystal easily caught us with her telepathic.

"Nika, come on. Not during work hours." Krystal sternly says.

Nika didn't even care and she let go of me and headed back to the cash register. Krystal then, had a turn with me and we headed back to our positions and got ready for dinner rush. A great day to work.