Chapter 9: A Day Off

During the day, I was just in the crew room, playing on my phone to get rid of the boredom while I waited for a response from Rox to see how Audrey's condition is. He finally texted me and said that she was finally stable and awake, but still cannot guarantee she will be getting better.

The girls were busy and working and getting all the food to the customers, I have been noticing that Nika haven't shouted in frustration yet like always. I guess no Karens today. Just then Diane came in to check on me and sat next to me.

"How you feeling hon?" Diane asked

"A little better, my dad told me that she was stable and awake right now, but he's also not sure she will be better later." I explained.

"Well, we have your back and hopes she will get over Covid soon, and if those asshole bullies of yours tried to hurt you, we will teach them a lesson, like I did today." Diane says as she rubbed my back.

"Thanks for doing that, Wolf tried to kill me."

"I know, he shouldn't get away with that." She said.

"He always gets away with everything. Every time at school, him and his friends bully me and sweet talks the principal to avoid getting in trouble and they kept doing it." I explained it.

"Why would they bully you?"

"Because I'm a human. They bully others, but they mainly do it to me."

"Don't let them get to you, Stan. They will see what's coming to them later." Diane says with a smile.

"Alright."

"I'll give you some time." Diane says before she left the crew room.

Later during the lunch rush, Diane called Loona to her office and thought about letting Loona take the rest of the day off just to hang out with me.

"You want me to have the rest of the day off just to hang out with Stan today?" Loona asked with confusion.

"Yes, Stan just had a bad day, and you are 8 hours of overtime anyway. Can you do this for him? I know you really like him." Diane teased.

"Are you sure that you and Krystal can handle the restaurant without me?"

"Yes, just go. I'll give you a raise." Diane says.

"Ok, ok. I'll hang out with the runt." Loona says as she left the office and clocks out.

"Hey Stan! Me and you are going to hang at the mall today. Let's go runt." Loona says as she grabbed my hand and headed out of the restaurant.

   The other girls were jealous, especially Nika since she saw us to leave in the car.

Loona drove us to the North pall mall and parked her car into the parking lot and headed inside, they was a huge crowd of human and furries shopping and buying stuff.

We stopped at a smoothie stand since Loona wanted something to drink and decided to get strawberry-banana smoothie.

"Hello, How can I help you." A human worker asked as he came up to the counter.

"Yeah, I'll have a kiwi smoothie large, and he will have a large strawberry banana smoothie." Loona says.

"That will be five dollars and 30 cents please." The human employee asks.

I grabbed my wallet from my side pocket and was about to pay ,but Loona told me it's on her and she payed the employee. She didn't have to do that since I was going to pay like a gentleman.