Sixty-Six

It's November 11th — a Friday morning that should otherwise be overwhelming

It's November 11th — a Friday morning that should otherwise be overwhelming. Magenta's not. Instead she woke up on her wedding day flooded with peace. The decision that her and Gee came to a couple weeks ago to wed secretly was set in stone. Neither one of them changed their mind, so they're moving forward with it.

Magenta's surprisingly calm as she wand curls her 28-inch water wave. There were days leading up to both the engagement and wedding that she was filled with worry and anxiety.

She worried that his was too good to be true after everything she through. She worried that she wasn't worthy or deserving enough. She worried this was the wrong decision. Not because she doesn't love Genesis, but because she wondered if love was enough.

Gen constantly struggles with wondering if she'll be okay. One day she is then the next she's not. Her mental health is a swinging pendulum. Right now she's in the "right place", but tomorrow it can be the opposite.

However, on her wedding morning, she feels the presence of love so close. These last couple of years have been trying for both of them. Regardless, it's been beautiful and freeing. She's more in love with both herself and Gee than she ever has been.

When she first woke up she spent the first hour alone to write her vows. It's then that she cried because she knew the day was going to be one of the best days of her life because she gets to marry her best friend.

Gen would like to think she can be an overly emotional person, but she never cried as much as she did in her life than she did this morning. It was for good reason though.

When it comes to Gee, she'll cry on a random Thursday as soon as she sees or hears him. She could cry because she heard lyrics in a song that made her emotional. She could even get overwhelmed with feelings because she saw a cute video or picture of them together.

Sitting down and writing how she felt helped make her day so stress free. She knows she's making the right decision. She'll always remember today as light and sweet.

Magenta knows their family and friends won't be happy they weren't invited, but it's not about them. They wanted to do what works for them. They refuse to appease or impress anyone with a big wedding they don't want.