A Scandalous proposal...

"ANN...You are NOT going to come out! YOU HEAR ME! You will stay inside the study with Papa..." Ma instructed her strictly. The Oberoi's were coming back. If it was up to her she would ask them to find a bride elsewhere. Not after this imbecile Shivaay Singh Oberoi, brought tears to her sisters eyes. But she agreed. She didn't want to hurt Ma's feelings. She made herself and Papa, a pot of tea, and got his Keats, to read. The rainy season was about to start, and it was getting colder, she opened up the windows in the study and enjoyed the cool breeze flowing in. She placed a blanket over Papa's legs, and offered him a cup of tea. She closed the door of the study and pulled out the curtains so no one could hear them.

The Oberoi's and the Trivedi's were sitting in the drawing room awkwardly. This place felt familiar somehow and it was making him uncomfortable. Daadi finally kicked Shivaay on his shin prompting him. "Ouch...I..Err..I apologise, Mrs. Trivedi....I got stuck with some important work last night! And I assure you that it was not my intent to disrespect your family!" Shivaay apologised making Avantika beam. "It's alright son...You are a busy businessman we understand. Also it's better late than never! Gauri is getting ready she will be here soon!" Shivaay was wearing a sherwani as instructed by Daadi, and it was getting too hot for him. There was no cold air flowing in the drawing room and he stood up, when Daadi gave him a stern glare. "May I...May I please use the washroom?" He came up with the lamest, and the oldest excuse he could find, so he can get some fresh air away from these two matchmaking vultures hung up on his neck. "It's upstairs...And First right" Avantika directed.

"Okay thank you! Mrs. Trivedi" He was barely paying any attention, wanting to just get away and at the top of the stairs he turned left. The first door he found was locked and he started to turn the door knob impatiently. He shook it hard enough, and thankfully the door opened. It was Ann, in her white cotton long sleeved shirt that she had folded scruffily up to her elbows, and a plain long boring brown skirt. Wasn't she was wearing something similar last night too? She had her Auburn hair tide up clumsily with a ribbon, and the stubborn strands were falling on her face. Her already big eyes, widened in awe seeing the familiar blue eyes staring back at her." YOU? " Annika almost yelled in surprise. She knew it was this man who she met at her night school yesterday. It was the same darn piercing emerald-blue eyes.

"YOU? This is unreal!" Shivaay smacked his palm on his face and shook his head in disbelief. This just can't be happening to him. He wasn't paying attention on the way here, trying to cook up a plan in his head, to get away from this arranged marriage business, but in his gut he knew, something wasn't right. This woman could only bring him trouble! He was taken a back when, Ann grabbed him by his hand inside the study shushing him. She closed the door behind them, when a worried Shivaay raised his concerns. "LOOK lady...I don't know why you are here..But" She sushed him again placing a hand on his mouth to keep him quiet. He froze in place. This woman was certainly dangerous. She didn't hesitate to punch at first meeting, possibly she's trying to suffocate him now and kill him. Was she some assassin in disguise? Shivaay's thoughts ran wild, as he found it hard to breath around her. This had never happened to him ever before.

"Look..Mister...I ..I don't know what happened last night! But you can't be here! If..If Ma get's to know I will be in big trouble! If you don't leave...I...I will" She looked around and Shivaay completed the sentence for her. "Punch me? Like you did yesterday? As a token of gratitude?" He sounded muffled and it took a second for Ann to realise that she was closing his mouth so tightly. She took her hand away and wiped it on her skirt annoying him. Suddenly everything started coming back to her; waking up to his blue eyes...punching him on the nose...Shiv...He said his name was Shiv...blacking out again...weird scruffy feeling that was soothing on her cheek. She touched her face involuntarily, unable to recall anything beyond that.