Authors Cut 2: Ann's hopes of trust...

Ann left the study determined. She knew what she had to do to create a diversion until Tej found a way to suppress Mehra.

Thunder and lighting rumbled on, and Ann heard Night neighing out loud in distress. She knew Shivaay would soon be running down, to him. She hurried to the stables, hoping to calm him down, before Shivaay woke up. The effects of the medicine was finally taking over, and Shivaay was finally resting. She needed him in full vigour, for the next battle ahead of them.

"Hey Night...It's me Ann...Buddy...Calm...It's just a bit of thunder and lightening...You are my brave Knight...you hear me...We have a mission...Just you and me...Will you help me?" She placed a reassuring kiss on the steed, who ruffled his ears, and nuzzled her hair.

"Mission? What mission?" It was Shivaay. He never failed to hear his four legged friends cries. Even in deep sleep. She fell in love with him all over again, at this moment. He walked towards them, and paused feeling lightheaded, as lightening struck a nearby tree. Night became restless again. Shivaay placed a hand on him, and started singing softly, leaning on Ann for support.

"Shivaay...Are you alright? It must be the medication..." Ann helped him sit down on a hay stack.

Night calmed down, hearing his humans voice. Ann realised, that Night and Shivaay's bond was truly special. Man or animal, they sensed each other's, fears, weaknesses, without a word said out loud. They could read each other.

She prayed that Shivaay would trust her enough, and read between the lines. Whatever she had up her sleeve for tomorrow, was certainly going to startle him.

Shivaay rested his head on her shoulder, and she held him tight. She placed a kiss on his forehead. I will fight for you...I will protect you...Just trust me...Please just trust me...

——————————————————
Dear Readers,

This author occasionally has very vivid imaginations, that unfortunately doesn't end up in the chapters. However they will give more insight to the story, and the characters.Authors cut, will be a sort of an end credit for the chapters. Where some moments will be described a little bit more. Hope you will enjoy reading these excerpts along with the main story, and will keep you entertained throughout the week.

Written with love,

Decievedevil. (You can also reach me on Decievedevil@gmail.com)