Leaving you behind...

Her lips were so soft, softer than he imagined, perhaps even than candy floss. They tasted like cherry...sweet maraschino cherry. His hand moved from her back to her waist, where she fit in his hands perfectly. Her lips parted slightly, inviting him over. A minuscule movement from her behalf that made him weak in his knees. When his finger tips touched the nape of her neck, he sensed her shiver.

Perhaps he should stop. He did not want to stop. Now that his lips had found hers, they would sting in pain if he steps back. He shouldn't...It would be a crime to separate them...

Then his deeper desires for her started brewing under the water beneath them. If he doesn't step away, he will cross that line. That damn invisible line of respect between them. That damn invisible line of honour.

Though he was burning in desire to feel more than her soft lips, he must not cross it. He was a gentleman after all. He was her friend, who shared her joys... He was her husband who wanted to shield her from all sorrows... But right now all he wished to be was her lover who wanted to be her first kiss...first touch...first everything.

With sheer will, his lips bid Adeu to hers. They stopped momentarily to kiss her forehead, in gratitude. For letting him know what living really felt like.

He woke up reliving the best moment of his life again, and again! He was drenched in his sweat, recovering from a fever that weakened his body the whole week. Perhaps the doctor should have prescribed kisses from wife, instead of bitter medicine for him. He was certain that would have been more effective.

"Bhaiya! I am back!" Rudra came running into his room, sabotaging his daydream. "Ah...You are...How was the trip?" He asked patting his shoulder.

"It was great! We took the train from here to...Bhaiya? Are you even listening? Where are you?" Rudra sought his attention.

"Ah...yes...yes...great..good..." He started to play with his hair. Looking at the mirror, trying to fix it in a different way, trying not to give away that he was simply staring at blank space.

"Bhaiya...err..Did something happen? You look different!" Rudra gave him a lopsided smile. Shivaay's ear tips turned crimson, and he avoided the conversation. "No...speech...my speech is tomorrow. Getting ready!" He sat on his desk and started to scribble something on a piece of paper.

"Oh brothers! So good to see you both! I had my worst nightmare!" Om came in and gave a hug to Rudra and Shivaay.

"Ah, Ann told me that you and Gauri went to see the doctor. Is everything alright? Hope nothing too serious?" Shivaay looked concerned.

"YAY...Am I going to be an uncle?" Rudra started dancing around Om.

"Oh NO...Not yet...we haven't...we haven't really gone that far yet...but Gauri does have some complications...Thankfully doctor says all will be well! I was so scared for her!" Om shared his relief.

"Bhaiya? What do you mean you havn't gone that far yet? Everytime I see the two of you, you are you know...hiding in your room..I thought by now you'll give me a nephew or a niece!" Rudra shook his head in disbelief.

Om and Shivaay both landed a smack on his head. "OUCH...what was that for?" Rudra pulled a face at his brothers.

"You are still a child Rudra...don't try to be a grandfather! You sound like Daadi!" Shivaay pulled his ear.

"Err..but seriously Om...What else do you do?" Shivaay asked curiously.

"Oh come on guys...we are still getting to know each other...you remember it was an arranged marriage? We love each other...but that doesn't mean I am going to rush her into anything...That's called respect!" Om sat on the edge of Shivaay's bed, and for a moment Shivaay got concerned about the ruffles he was going to make on the sheets. " Err....for how long do you think this boundary of respect should be maintained after your marriage?" Shivaay asked so business like, walking up to the bed and smoothening out the creases.