Authors Cut 7:Master of puppets

Professor Rai

I remember when I first saw that little boy. I was passing through Shimla, and there he was with those piercing blue eyes. Just like Shivaay's. Some villagers were throwing sticks and stones at the woman who was shielding the baby in her arms. I stopped my carriage and took them in. The woman was grateful, and vowed to serve me for the rest of her life as pay back.

I guess at the time her only concern was to give her bastard son from a British soldier, a roof. She loyally scrubbed the floors of my mansion, in return. I knew this act of kindness would one day pay off.

The child had brown hair, contrary to Daksh's description of  Shivaay and Ann's offspring—Ansh. I contemplated at finding another suitable match, but finding a brown kid with Blue eyes was no easy task. At first Kamla was hesitant, to bleach the boys hair. But she knew her days at the mansion would be numbered, if her offspring was't useful to me. So she made it work. Ah...Sacrifices....Sacrifices...Love...This is what it does...Makes people weak!

Kamla proved to be a faithful servant over the years. She followed my instructions to the dot. When I sent those messages and the letters to Ann, I knew a stubborn, curious woman like her wouldn't rest until she knew the truth. It was so easy to lure her in, with the bait of her lost child. It makes me choke up in laughter sometimes, to think of it! How easy it was! Love  and family, truly makes humans weak.

I knew it was going to be harder to break Shivaay. But knowing that his weakness lies in this woman, all I have to do is break her. Once I do that, he will shatter in to bits, and comply in no time.

Mother and child...Child and mother...

Kamla

I was just a teenage girl, with a half caste bastard child. If professor Rai didn't save us that night, we would have been stoned to death. It didn't take long for me to realise, that he picked us up with an ulterior motive. Either way it was a life line. When he revealed that he needs my boy, to be someone else's boy...a boy called Ansh...I agreed.

The days my child, disappointed the professor, terrified me. He was an evil man. I know he doesn't have an ounce of emotion inside him. Otherwise he wouldn't make him repeat like a parakeet day and night who his mother was.

I felt bad lying to another mother. A mother who probably lost her child. But I have to look out for my own. God may punish me later for all of this. But right now, I need to protect my son.