Authors cut 5: A mentors Dilemma

Professor Rai hung up the phone. From the sound of shaky breathing he knew that it was not Shivaay who picked up the phone. It must have been Ann. He knew he wouldn't get an opportunity again to twist the fate back in his favour.

The youth going haywire at the education department was intentional. Daksh had been out for months from prison, even before Shivaay said it out loud to him. He knew the days of puppeteering his most gifted student was coming to an end. He was getting soft, and Ann had become his priority. He needed a man on the field to do his bidding, no questions asked and despite the lack of intelligence, and patience, Daksh was just that.

When his plans of sabotage was executed by Daksh, his mind was set. Shivaay was no longer an asset to him nor the cause. It was time to finish off, what he started 21 years ago. The word had it that it was a boy, Ann was carrying. Once he was born, automatically the trust fund will transfer to him. His decisions will be questioned. He'll be asked to be transparent with his dealings.

He made Daksh plant the same explosives Shivaay helped him make for the governors attack at the hospital. His intention was to cause him the least amount of pain. At least he owed him that. He was his best student after all. He was also what was left of his kin. The Razdan bloodline will now end with him. KABOOM...All three, father, mother and son would vanish into thin air in a matter of seconds. They won't even feel it!

But once again, Shivaay had survived. He didn't die...Third time is the charm they say. This probably meant, Shivaays life line was stronger than he predicted. Thankfully the child succumbed. Now it was the perfect time! If he whispers to the right ear at the right time, he knew it won't be too hard to break this fragile bond they shared. If he heard right, Ann was just a living, walking husk, and Shivaay's sole attention was on her...they were at a breaking point, after the loss of their offspring.

He succeeded. His whispers worked...Ann left him! Ah...relief...finally!

He never wished for Shivaay to live like this. In a broken body and a broken mind. But now that he is, he might as well do as he wished.

The first step was to get rid of the orphanage. The percentage of the Gypsum mining will now go towards funding rallies, and weapons. Next was to strategically start religious riots in Doda. The Brits attention will draw here, and the defences in Bombay will falter.

—————————————————————————

Thankfully it's been almost a year, Shivaay hasn't corresponded with him. Not a single call, not a letter. He finally petitioned for full authority over Razdan lands, filing for executive rights over governance due to Shivaays negligence. The boy didn't even turn up in the courts. He probably didn't even read the summons. Ah...how easy that was...finally he had the money, the power, the influence he needed to cause all the chaos in the world!

He was right all along. Love makes humans weak...weaklings become vulnerable...making it easier to hunt them down...

He never thought Shivaay would be a weakling...but alas, the boy fell in love!