Remember me?

"Professor Rai?" Ann knocked before entering his study with a tray of tea and biscuits.

"Ah...Ann, what do I owe this pleasure to?"

"I...I am sorry to intrude, but I need to know, why did you save Ansh's life? You are a selfish man, that much I know. I know that you are also a chaotic man. I don't remember the past, but I feel like, from the time I got back you are the only person who has been outright honest with me. Dr.Aman, knew about my past didn't care to enlighten me even in the slightest! Shivaay, pushed me away, he lied to me...all this time...perhaps our so called marriage is just a big lie, I wouldn't know..."

"Your point Ann?" The old man scrutinised her carefully unsure what she was trying to say.

" I am trying to say is, there is always something the other person wants in return. You saved Ansh...What do you want in return from me for that?"

"Ah...Smart woman...You always have been Ann. Please take a seat!"

Ann made a cup of tea the way she always makes it, and placed in front of him. He took a sip, and gulped it down making a rather irksome face.

"Err Sugar?" She asked, and he shook his head.

"No need to sugar coat things, I like things as they are, even if they are bitter."

Ann pulled out a chair. " Professor, be honest! What do you need from me?" She asked again.

"Alright....Listen!"

He placed a detailed blue print in front of her.

"Razdan lands?"

"Yes...But do you see the demographical survey data on the provinces?"

"You mean the percentages on top here?"

"Yes...What else do you see?"

"Natural resources...Specifically Gypsum..."

"Exactly..."

"I'm afraid, I still don't understand professor?"

"All you need to know is that it is imperative, that I have the ownership of these lands, when the British Colony fails!"

"Errrm....So what's that got to do with Ansh and me?" Ann asked perplexed.

"It's got everything to do with you!" he pulled out the last will and testament of Razdan Senior, that elaborated in intricate detail, of family land ownership.

"I need you to get an official divorce from Shivaay Singh Oberoi, and full custody of Ansh Razdan!"

"Di...Divorce?"

"I didn't think you would want to stay married to a malicious man, who played with the most precious thing of your life now? Or...are you becoming light hearted? Choosing your man over your flesh and blood?"

"No...I...I am not! I...I can never forgive him for what he did...But Ansh must be listed as deceased in the records already! So I..."

"Exactly....and You are the mother aren't you not? You shall reinstate his inheritance!"

"I still fail to see how all of this is going to be useful to you Professor!"

" Oh Ann, I would only want Ansh's best interest at heart! if I wanted to hurt him, trust me he would not be here...I'll have, give or take eighteen more years, until he comes of age? Until then I'll be the executor of the lands as it was planned for originally!"

"Originally?"

"I meant, as planned...eighteen years is more than enough for this old man to achieve what's best for the nation..." He tapped his fingers on the oak table impatiently.