Chapter 3-Harley Quinn

11th May, Arkham Asylum
Harleen entered her office, exhausted she had to deal with a lot of patients today but hey atleast she got to see Ivy so that was nice, she put her bag on the desk when she noticed a note was taped to her flower pot. She picked it up and it read-
How about you come down and meet me in the cell puddin? -J
She frowned why didn't Batman break his hands too? She thought frustrated.

Joker's cell
Harleen sighed and stopped infront of the glass door of Joker's cell. Joker was lying on his mattress  humming a song Harley squared up and said "I'm sure the guards would love to know you've been out of your cell." Joker got up and turned towards her "If you wanted to tell them you would have by now." He said grinning at Harleen,he then jumped up which surprised Harleen, Batman had stabbed him in the stomach! How did he do that?  "I've heard about you and you know sweets I like what I've heard" he said leaping towards her, their faces separated just by the glass he grinned his hands pressed against the glass, "Especially your name! Harleen quinzell!" he taking his hand off and rolling his finger around in the air "switch it up a bit and you get Harley Quinn! Just lik-" "Harlequinn, yes I've heard of it." Harleen said turning her back om him and starting to walk away "you know it really makes me happy! It makes me feel like someone in here can truly understand me.,someone I can tell all my secrets too" He said holding his hands to his chest.  Harleen turned around with a raised eyebrow already thinking of ways to arrange a therapy session between them.

1 week later
Harleen was prepared to listen to whatever the Joker was going to say, she was thoroughly determined to get through the Joker. She had already gotten through Pamelia how hard could this monster be? So she sat there watching the Joker lay there speaking some bullshit about robbing banks but then he said something she didn't expect "My father used to beat whenever I made a mistake, spilled a glass of water? SMACK! didn't pass a test? SMACK! Didn't like the way I arranged my room? SMACK! and even when I didn't do anything! I'd just be sitting there and he'd smack me out of nowhere!" It was weird, seeing this monster look so.....sad. "Then one day when I was seven he took me to the circus and for the first time in my life I saw him laugh! The clowns were just doing their tricks and then he lost it! Two clowns did their trick,  one ran to the other and tripped and he pulled the other clown's pants down with him, and my old man was clutching his stomach from laughing so much!" Joker looked genuinely happy talking about the circus and it brought a smile to Harleen's face too "So the next day I did the same trick" He said jumping up "I ran towards my dad and said 'Dad Look!' and I pulled his pants down!" he said the last part pulling down his own pants revealing his bright red boxers with yellow dots and Harleen burst out laughing until Joker said "Then he proceeded to beat me." instantly her laughing stopped. She took a couple more notes and the session ended soon after that. 

The sessions went on and on and Harleen began seeing Joker as a traumatized and hurt child who just wanted to make the world laugh and was misunderstood, she also began  seeing Batman as a self righteous prick who probably fucked bats. What Harleen Quinzell failed to see was that Joker was brainwashing her, he knew that she was an athlete and had some fighting training and he saw potential in her, She kept falling madly in love with Joker, most of their sessions were now make out sessions, Poison Ivy one of Harleen's regular patients warned her against dating the joker but was ignored every time,Joker became the therapist and Harleen would tell him all her secrets. And  4 months later he pulled Harleen to his side once and for all, By revealing his greatest secret.

"So Batsy and everyone thinks I am this way because I fell into the vat of acid in my Red Hood days and while played a part in making my Day my One Bad Day that's not what pushed me over the edge." Joker said looking up at the ceiling "Then what did Mister J?" Harleen asked as she laid with Joker cuddling with him on the recliner"You see I had a wife, Laura Napier and we had an infant son the cutest baby boy Michael Napier" Joker said with a wide smile "awwwwww" Harleen cooed "I was going home for the night when Batman started chasing me, we ended up at the factory and you know what happened there, BUT." Harleen froze at the sudden tone change it wasn't uncommon for Joker to switch his whole mood in a second but it was pretty unnerving. Joker left Harleen on the recliner and started pacing around the room "A rival gang killed my family and because of the damn bat I wasn't able to get their in time! but I still try to make people laugh and what does that damn bat do? beat me up and put me in here!" Harleen got up too and walked to the Joker pulling him in for a kiss, when they seperated she said "Mr J you've suffered because of Batman long enough! I'll help you from now on! Let's get you out of here." she said with a crazed look in her eyes Joker laughed and picked Harleen up and spun her around "Oh I love you Harley!" Harley laughed and replied "I love ya too Puddin"

Getting out of Arkham undetected was laughably easy no wonder there was a new breakout every month. Joker proceeded to take Harley to Ace Chemicals factory, the exact same place where his skin was bleached off. "Come on Harley you have to jump! That's the only way you can truly help me!" Harley raised an eyebrow looking unsure as she looked down at the vat of acid, "Are ya sure puddin?" Harley asked turning back to her crazed lover "YES! Don't you love me Harley? If you do then surely you'll jump!" Joker said throwing her a pleading look, Harley tured back towards the acid, took a deep breath and jumped. Joker laughed as Harley screamed bloody murder as her skin was completely bleached.

On December 31st Joker had a new sidekick, running around with him in Gotham helping him with his schemes. Coincidentally  Batman had a new Robin at the same day and soon it felt like the old days again.

An: let me know what you think in the comments!