Chapter-19 Truce With The Enemy

"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FUCKING MIND TIM?" Barbara yelled, Tim had crossed a line this time, Jason as the Red Hood? Why would he take his killer's old moniker? "It is him Babs!" Tim said impatiently, they did not have time for this! Joker knew exactly who Red Hood was and he was in grave danger! "Why else would Red Hood bring up Jason and Stephanie so much? He partnered up with Ivy to cause Joker and Harley's break up and he killed Black Mask himself!" Barbara shook her head, she didn't want to believe it! Tim just sighed and played the security footage from when Barbara was knocked out, and she watched in horror as Joker saw Jason and Red Hod's file, he really did know.

Cassandra didn't know what to think! Jason Todd was alive? The person everyone had believed to be dead? But how hadn't Bruce known? He was the world's greatest detective, he knew everything! And why didn't Jason ever come back? She had seen his old videos with Bruce, Alfred, Barbara and Dick, she saw how he loved them with all his being and how they loved him, so why?

The three Bats rushed over to the computer when they received a notification of Joker being spotted by one of the cameras. He had tried to take out Wingman and Poison Ivy. They watched the fight go down, the two were injured especially Ivy, those burns looked bad. Really bad. Wingman was lucky enough to just get shot in the arm.

Red Hood and Harley Quinn arrived not to later than when Joker left. And like always they didn't see where they went thanks to the lack of cameras in the area. They really needed to fix that.

Barbara waited for a few minutes before she called Jason, it went straight to voicemail. She tried ten more times before he picked up,
"What do you want now Barbara?" He said, annoyance leaking through his voice. "We know you're the Red Hood." She said pointedly.

Jason scoffed "Took you long enough. World's Greatest Detectives and it takes you four months to figure out who Red Hood is-"

"We saw what Joker did to Wingman and Ivy."

"Yeah and so what? Are you sad that he didn't finish the job?" He snapped. Barbara sighed, Jason in a bad mood never meant anything good, ever. "Wait- we need your help, Batman and NIghtwing are currently trying to locate the bombs while also looking for the Joker, we need you to catch him-"
"You know what I'll do if I get my hands on him."
"Then do what you must, I'll make sure Batman doesn't get in your way, just remember Joker knows who you are. Take him out while we find the bombs." 

Jason was silent for a while before he finally said, "Thanks, but I have a better idea on how to stop Batman from getting in out way, just wait until I call back, you'll know what I mean."

***
"Harley are you sure you want to fight Joker head on?" Jason asked, concerned, he knew Harley could easily hold her own against him but who knew what traps he would've laid. "He's right Harley, we could just lure him to his old house and jump him!" Frank said, Harley nodded, zipping up her jacket and placing a knife in the holster on her pants. "I've gotta do this alone, we're already going to kill him, I just need to....well mess with him." She said grinning, Frank and Jason looked at each other, Joker was screwed.

Frank gave the two a huge surprise by revealing that he could drive the Rose Bud. How Ivy managed to find the time to teach him driving was a mystery yet to be solved. So with a hug Harley and Hood separated, Harley got in the car with Frank and Hood grappled away.
"So where to Harley?" Frank asked, "Amusement Mile."

***
"YOU DID WHAT?"
Nightwing yelled in his comm, Barbara took a deep breath before speaking again, "I asked Red Hood and Harley Quinn for their help, get some hearing aids.-"
"WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?" Nightwing screamed at her.
"LET ME FINISH GRAYSON! I DID IT BECAUSE WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET! THESE TWO ALMOST TOOK THE JOKER OUT PERMANENTLY ONCE AND COULD DO IT AGAIN! DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T WANT THAT!" Oracle bellowed, she was met with silence. 

"Where are they now?" Nightwing gritted out as he found another bomb, it was in Gotham Cathedral because of course it was, Batman was in little Italy helping the GCPD. 
"It seems like Harley is heading towards the island where Amusement Mile was and Hood is heading towards...." She snorted, "Bristol" Jason hadn't told her what he was going to do but she had a pretty good idea. He used to do it every time he had a bad argument with Bruce, it worked great alongside the silent treatment he used to give him.

"WHAT IS SO FUNNY ABOUT THIS ORACLE?" He said defusing the bomb, "WHY DOES NO ONE TELL ME ANYTHING!?" Oracle only rolled her eyes Nightwing ranted "I'm gonna go talk to the bastard." "Nightwing no-" He cut his com line and grappled out of the cathedral.

***
Hood swung by the Tree Of Life to check up on the kids and to see if there were any bombs around, most of the kids were sleeping. Most of them. "Mr Hood?" Hood turned to see none other than Morgan standing behind him, clutching a little notepad in her hand, he crouched down on Morgan's level, "Hey Morgan, how have you been?" he asked, "Amazing! This whole place is great! We get food three times a day, my Maths teacher is nice to me and they even let us watch T.V. while eating three times a week! But what are you doing here?" she asked her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

"Vigilante business kiddo, say, you didn't see any....strange looking people around here did you?" Morgan shook her head "I've only seen you." Hood nodded "Well get back to bed you shouldn't be out this latt, I'll visit again soon okay?" "okay!" she turned away and walked down the hallway.

***
Harley looked around the remains of Amusement Mile, God that had felt good, Joker hadn't said that he'd be here, he didn't need to. She walked over to the rubble where the funhouse had once stood. "Just come out already I know you're under the rubble waiting to spring up to surprise me ever since you ambushed my friends, which, dick move by the way." 

Joker indeed was hiding the rubble, he already wore his signature grin, "Aw Puddin you know me so well!" Harley just rolled her eyes. "You know it's really unfortunate how things ended, we totally got off on the wrong foot!-" Harley groaned "God I forgot how annoying your little speeches were, why the fuck did I even date you?" Joker's eye twitched, good, she was getting on his nerves. 

"Aw come on don't be like that Harls! We had such a good time remember? Don't just miss the good old days? The Joker with his Partner Harley Quinn-" "I see what you're doing there, Jack." Joker froze and Harley grinned, "You think I'd get down on my knees if you say I was your partner? seriously? You treated me like shit! I was nothing more than a toy you could use and throw away when you got bored! Just like that Rocket ship incident!" Joker frowned, "It's Hood isn't it? He joined forces with Ivy to turn you against me! Harley why go with a copy cat  when the real thing is right here! Don't you know who he is?"

"I know exactly he is and so do you, he's the same child you murdered all those years ago!" Harley yelled jumping towards Joker, her bat raised, he jumped to the side pulling out his flamethrower "AND YOU STILL SIDE WITH BATMAN'S UNWANTED BIRD? SERIOUSLY HARLEY I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO GAVE HIM PROPER ATTENTION!" he said shooting fire towards Harley, she flipped over it and pulled out her gun.

"HIS OWN MOTHER GAVE HIM TO ME! YOU KNOW THIS!" He said laughing, Harley glared at him "ONLY BECAUSE YOU BLACKMAILED HER!" she shot a bullet right through his flamethrower. It exploded right in there, burning his hand. "FUCK-" Harley wasted no time in front flipping towards the bastard and smashing him with her bat right on his head. Knocking him out.