Chapter 21- Hard Truths

Harley threw away her juice box and opened another one, "You know Frank? Telling him off-" She gestured to the Rose Bud's trunk where Joker was currently tied up and unconscious. "Was the best therapy I have given to myself."
"But torturing him will be better." Frank said grinning and Harley nodded raising her juice box "Amen."

***
The Manor's security system was updated, not that Jason would know as Barbara had disabled it for him. Thanks Barbie.

He broke in through his old room, for old times sake, it brought back memories, all of them were good, surprisingly.

***
2000, December.
Bruce opened the door, peeking inside the room, "Jason, it's bedtime lad." He said with a tired look on his face, he hadn't slept properly for weeks, unfortunately for him, Jason had.

"YOU'LL NEVER GET ME ALIVE OLD MAN!" Jason screeched from above, Bruce looked to his right to see Jason had climbed up the roof at the corner so that his hair was brushing the ceiling.
Bruce sighed, "I'll read you a bedtime story. Drama queen." Jason jumped to his bookshelf and pulled out Jekel and Hyde then jumped back on his bed grinning.

Bruce rolled his eyes with a fond smile, this little dramatic brat.

***
2002, March
It was one of those nights, Jason had drank coffee, without permission and now Bruce was reading him another story, he was grounded for sure but atleast Bruce was staying home to tonight with him!

'Real isn't how are made' "said the skin horse." Bruce read, "Your skin horse sounds like Batman!" Jason pointed out grinning. Bruce just smirked.

***
2001,October
Bruce smiled as Jason whooped, Jason had just gotten back from staying over at Natalia's place and Bruce was going to win back the title of favorite parent.

He was currently lifting Jason in the air, his palms under Jason's and his legs supporting Jason's stomach.
"Weeee! I'm Superman!" Bruce glared at him playfully, "Don't make me drop you!" Jason laughed on his face, the brat, Bruce tickled him in response.
***
Present Day

Jason literally slapped himself on the face to snap out of his little flashback, he had to focus, can't be distracted for too long. He went through his cupboard, it looked like it hadn't been dusted in years. Hell the whole room had a thick layer of dust all over it!

After some rummaging he found it, a box with an old watch. He had fixed it before he died, planned to give it to Bruce on his Birthday too, then Garzonas came along.... Yeah he wasn't going to think about that anymore.

He didn't find the box he got from Mrs Walker, maybe they had gotten rid of it? He picked the lock of his door and slowly opened it. Alfred wasn't there, good. He was about to go to the Study when he saw the master bedroom, he shouldn't go in there, he really shouldn't. But something told him that he should.... Ah fuck it.

He slowly opened the door, no one was inside.... He fully opened it and stepped inside, looking around, it had a lot more portraits than before that's for sure. He looked at one of them and found his own thirteen year old face staring back at him, he looked at another one, then another one, then another one. They were all his!

But why would he keep these when he replaced him?There were pictures from Mrs Walker's box too. Then he saw the picture on his bedside table and collapsed on his knees. It was from Jason's talent show.... He had sang in front of the whole Gotham Academy and won. Vicki Vale must have lost her mind.

And in the picture Jason had raised the trophy in the air when Bruce had picked him up and kissed him on the cheek.... Jason forced himself to tear his gaze away from the picture and stand up.

He stumbled out of the room and marched straight to the study, Alfred was still no where to be found, maybe he was on his tea break. The entrance system was the same as before.

Being in the cave also brought back a lot of memories, this time a lot of bad ones. He shook his head, couldn't get distracted.Jason was shocked to see how much the Batcomputer had changed, back in the day it was just five monitors but now? There was a huge monitor!

He wandered around the cave looking for the tool box that's when he saw it. The memorial, it had his old uniform, his green pants, cape, and red shirt were all covered in blood and were singed. Why the fuck was it there?
Then he read the sign and all he saw next was a haze of green. "He didn't care about you! You were a soldier to him!" The green hissed, "But....he...those pictures...." He mumbled, "It means nothing! He probably put it up to earn pity points from his new toys!"  Jason shook his head trying to get the voice out of his head. "No. No. NO!" He pulled out his gun and emptied it on the glass. Shattering it and destroying the mannequin with his suit. 

He quickly found the toolbox and pulled out the tire iron. Time to do what he came here to do. 

***

"Is he...OH MY GOD HE'S TAKING OFF THE TIRES OF THE BATMOBILE!" Robin exclaimed as Oracle wheezed, "Oh he's doing it? YES!" Nightwing whooped over the comms. Batgirl quietly took notes as she observed the Red Hood taking off the tires of the Batmobile.
***
Hood looked at his work proudly, there were five Batmobiles and three bikes, he removed every single tire. His dad would be proud. Now time to meet up with harley, not before he took a selfie however. He took his domino mask off, swung the tire iron over his shoulder and grinned, the wheel less vehicles in view. Harley would love it!