Chapter 4- Robin

August 23rd, 2005, Blüdhaven
This was stupid. Why was he doing this again? Oh yeah- Batman was suicidal and the criminals he was dealing with were on the verge of dying. And since apparently everyone else were idiots it fell upon 13 year Tim Drake to lie to his babysitter about going out with some friends, get a bus ticket to Bludhaven after tracking down Richard Grayson-Wayne's address to him he needed to be Robin again. So with a heavy sigh Tim rang the doorbell and waited. after a few seconds the door opened and there he was, Richard John Grayson-Wayne a police officer in Blüdhaven, The first Robin and Nightwing. "Hi! how can I help you?" Dick asked Tim with a smile "Uhm-Hi c-can I come in?I need to talk to you about something important." Tim stammered "Sure" Dick said amused at Tim's nervousness. He moved aside to let Tim in and closed the door.

Tim turned to face him and began-"Hisoi'mTimDrakeandyouneedtobeRobinagainsincebatmanisbecomingmoreandmoreviolent-"
"woah woah woah Kid slow down!You said your name is Tim right?" Dick said a bit taken aback by the kid's way of speaking what a strange kid he thought.
"Yeah sorry!" Tim said as his cheeks reddened. "You need to be Robin again." at this Dick completely froze "I'm sorry what?" Dick asked there was no way he knew the kid looked like he was 9 for fucks sake! "I know you're Nightwing and you were the first Robin." Tim said looking proud of himself, "I've known it since I was 9!" ok so this kid isn't 9 whoops "Tim I think there's been a misunderstanding. I was not Robin nor am I Nightwing, besides do your parents know you're here?" Dick asked thinking of ways to convince the kid to forget this encounter and leave.

Tim just took off his backpack and held it in his left hand has he pulled out a photo album with his right hand, then he put his bag back over his shoulder after closing it. "I know you were robin because back when you were in Haly's circus I saw you doing the quadruple summersault! in an old recording! And in another recording Robin did the same move!" Tim opened the album and sure enough there were pictures of him doing the trick, but what caught his attention were the pictures where he was in his Nightwing costume, also doing the summersault, "Not many people can do it and since you were adopted by Bruce Wayne it was easy to figure out he was Batman and then Robin disappeared and Nightwing appeared so I connected the dots and then Bruce took in another kid Jason and bam Robin was back!" Dick sighed,This kid is something else But then realization dawned on Dick "Tim where did you get these pictures of us in costume?" Tim just simply said "Oh I followed you guys on patrol even before I knew your identities, I started when I was 9, Jason was already Robin then but I managed to take some of your pictures when you were in Gotham!" Dick was at a loss of words This kid had been out on the streets since he was 9? So were you a voice whispered in his head but he ignored it.

"Kid. Do you have any idea how dangerous it is to go out in Gotham at night? and you went out without any protection!" Dick exclaimed, Tim's cheeks reddened "Well that's beside the point I'm here cause you need to be Robin again, Batman is growing more and more reckless by the day and more suicidal! The criminals he deals with are in the hospital! Batman needs a Robin!" he said trying to divert the conversation back to Dick. Dick just sad at Tim's words however and he said in a low voice "I know, but Bruce just keeps pushing me away, I can't be Robin anymore I was fired and Bruce himself said he thinks sidekicks hold him back." Tim frowned "But Batman needs a Robin.." Dick sighed "Well not anymore. Listen kid don't bother with Bruce he's stubborn as fuck and he's a grown man if he wants to get better then he will." Tim huffed "Fine."
and he marched right out the door. Something told Dick that this would not be the last time he'd be seeing Tim again.

Two weeks later Dick was proven right as he received a call from a very angry Bruce asking him why a 13 year old was in his study blackmailing him to become the next Robin,oh and how he knew their identities.  So here he was back in the manor inside his adoptive father's study trying to negotiate with a very stubborn teen. "Tim you can't be Robin, That's final" Dick said glaring at the teen, Tim stood still his shoulders squared "It has to be done! Gotham needs a Batman and Batman needs a Robin!" Bruce glared harder at him and said "I don't need another sidekick. I've handled Gotham without Robin before and I can do it again! I don't want another word about this out of you. Get out of my house right now and if I see you out on the streets again Gotham will know what the Drake heir is doing behind his parents' back." Tim having no choice left.
Dick sighed when Tim left "He was right about one thing Bruce, you've been getting more violent-" "So have you." Bruce cut off Dick dismissing him. Dick frowned "You're right, Listen I'll come to Gotham a few days in a week to help you out until we're both in a better headspace" Bruce thought about it for a couple of moments then he said "ok." softly he turned to Dick no longer glaring "I think would be for the best, do you want me to tell Alfred to prepare your old room again?" Dick relieved that another fight didn't break out nodded and turned around to leave when Bruce spoke "Dick!" He turned around confused "I've missed you chum." Bruce said with a small smile on his face, that was the first time Bruce had smiled in months. "I've missed you too B." Dick said grinning.