Chapter 9- A Dangerous Alliance

Red Hood couldn't believe it. Not only had he managed to capture the Batman. Batman. with Poison Ivy's help his plan had gone off without a hitch! Sadly this would put him on the Bat's radar now but he'd ignore that. What he would also try to ignore was the green clouding his vision after looking at Batman's damn cowl and that fucking symbol, but hey at least he got a grapple gun out of this whole thing. Getting Harley back to Ivy's apartment was easy, sadly he didn't get to ride in Ivy's car but hey at least he still had his beloved bike! He already planned to make multiple modifications to it, it was one of the few things his Biological Dad taught him, and he taught him well.

Hood laid Harley on Ivy's couch as Ivy threw a blanket over her, "The anesthesia should keep her knocked out for five more hours. I have to say that antidote of yours is really something." Hood said to Ivy, she nodded and said "It was necessary." Hood nodded, he stood around awkwardly twiddling his thumbs "So uh I'll go, call me when she wakes up." Hood turned to walk out but ended up stumbling into a pot, Frank's pot. Frank jerked awake and looked up at Hood.
"Huh-? Ivy? You brought over a guy!? well it looks like Harley's sessions paid off!" Hood's cheeks turned the same colour of his helmet as he stammered "I-I'll see you in the morning." then he promptly ran out. Ivy slowly turned to glare at Frank while he laughed sheepishly "Sorry Ivy..."

Hood decided to patrol for the rest of the night to get his mind off of things. Swinging through Gotham brought back memories, good and bad. One thing was the same however, even after all these years it cleared his head, even when he couldn't feel the air against his skin it was soothing, he decided to finally go and check out his favorite Gargoyle too. Kid Devil was surprised to learn he had a favorite Gargoyle, Jason was more than happy to send a picture in his next letter. It looked older but still cool as ever, Jason sat besides it, this gargoyle brought back certain memories..........

Gotham, 2000, November
Jason Todd Age: 10
Bruce Wayne Age: 30

"How did you find me?" Jason said without looking behind him, he'd heard the swish of the cape, he knew Batman was there. "Because you're the only kid I know who has a favorite Gargoyle." Batman said with a tiny smile, Jason sighed "Look Bru- Batman. What if you and Alfred were wrong about me? I'm not him. I'm not a master acrobat, tall, funny or a good talker, what if I screw up really badly?" Batman looked at him for a moment before sitting down beside him, "I am one hundred percent sure that you will screw up Robin, you'll jump to conclusions, you're bound to fail spectacularly at least once." Jason huffed "Gee what a confidence boost thanks Batman!" He sneered but Batman carried on "I didn't pick you to be Robin to be perfect, I picked you as Robin because I needed someone to do their best. Can you be that person Jason?" after a few seconds Jason nodded "Yes." Batman smiled "Let's go then Robin, we've got a city to save." He held out his hand and Jason took it.

Present Day

Jason chuckled at his own naive nature, he was from crime alley for fucks sake he should've known that Bruce wouldn't tolerate him forever, his replacement a rich kid that lived right next door proved it. Once Bruce had gotten rid of the runt from the streets he got himself a brand new kid. Jason took off his helmet to breathe, running a hand through his red curls, red. Bruce had made him dye it black once he became Robin, but it was too much work to just wash it off every night before school so he just started using permanent dye, the press and the kids at school had their own "theories" and "assumptions" of course, some said he was trying to gain Bruce's approval by looking like Dick or Bruce had a thing for blue eyed boys with black hair. Those allegations returned when Drake started spending more time at the Manor and when he later went under Bruce's guardianship. The only one who never judged him was Donald Brinks, his only friend at Gotham Academy. Donald was one of the few people he had over at the Manor for a sleepover, he invited Max but he refused not being comfortable to go in the Manot, which Jason understood.