Arrival Pt.1

Taylor's POV

"Ughhhh why does the plane have to depart so early! I don't know if I'm gonna have enough time to get ready and finish packing!"
"Taylor it doesn't depart early and we have plenty of time. You just wanna put on some cute outfit and do full glam makeup. Come on, it's the airport no one cares."
"Yeah I know, I know. I just really enjoy getting ready and dressing up! It's so fun! Besides I'm still gonna dress casual."
"Okay that's great but why did you have to call me and tell me all this? You woke me up! And I thought you were on a time crunch?"
"That's a good point! Im just so excited! Ok bye!"

I hung up my call with Avery. I could barely sleep last night. I kept thinking of all the possibilities of why we were needed at this will reading. It just doesn't make sense.

Ok, focus Taylor. You still gotta get ready. I decided to put on a cute blue dress and some fun cowboy boots. We were going to Texas after all. After that, I did my makeup and a light curl to my hair.

Soon it was time to go

Soon it was time to go. I met Avery at the airport. A few hours later, we boarded our plane.

"Dang we got first class seats Avery!"
"I know! This is so nice! By the way, I thought you said you were going to dress casual?"
"I did. This is how I always dress."
"Umm hmmm. You hoping to see some cute rich boys at the will reading?"
"AVERY!" I punched her arm as I blushed. That was not the plan but now that she mentioned it...
"I'm just kidding! Well, you look great anyhow."
"Thank you! Well I'm going to get some sleep. Wake me up when we land."

A few hours later, we landed. As we got out a young lady in a suit said our names.

"Avery Grambs and Taylor Jones?"
"Yes?"
"That would be us!"
"Nice to meet you girls. I'm Alisa. I am one of the lawyers representing the estates and assets of the late Mr. Hawthorne. I will be escorting you two to Hawthorne House."

About 45 minutes later, we pulled up to the biggest house I've ever seen. "Woah" I whispered under my breath. As we got out I saw an even more interesting sight. "Who is that?" I asked pointing to a guy who looked around my age. He was tall and had dirty blonde hair under his cowboy hat. He was wearing a suit jacket and a button up shirt but had on jeans and boots that looked well-worn.

"That's Nash. Oldest of the Hawthorne brothers. Trouble if you ask me." Alisa said, giving me a serious look. "Anyways, you'll learn who everyone is soon enough."

As I walked into the house, I couldn't shake the feeling that Nash was staring at me as well.