Friends

Taylor's POV
"So ummm you know Alisa right?"
"Yeah"
"Well, that's my ex." Nash looked nervous as he said this.

"Why do you look so nervous saying this? I don't care, I'm not the jealous type." I said as Nash looked down at his boots. "I-I'm not done. See the thing is she's actually my ex fiancé and well, this is the part that might be a surprise."

"Yes?"

"We broke up less than a month ago."

Oh. Oh.

"WHAT?!?!"

"I'm sorry Taylor, I should've told you this earlier."

"I mean, wow. I don't really know what to think about that."

"I promise that I am 100 percent done with her. No feelings at all. I should've told you earlier but I honestly forgot. It's not something I think about anymore."

"But Nash, that can't possibly be true. I can trust that you are done with her but... an engagement? That you ended less than one month ago? That's gonna affect you for a while. You can't be ready to move into a serious relationship right away! I guess this is what I get for  trusting a stranger. I got swept up in some "love at first sight" situation and forgot to use my brain. Maybe this is all just stupid. I should probably go. See you around Nash." I really was so stupid for all this. I got excited and stressed in the rush of all the things happening and just ran into the arms of some random guy that I only just met.

Nash's POV
I'm such a damn idiot. "Taylor, please!!" I yelled as I saw her walking away. I couldn't let my dream girl walk away just like that.

"What, Nash?" Taylor asked annoyed.

"Darlin', can you please let me explain." I pleaded.

"I don't know what there is to explain. I'm mad at you for leading me into believing we could have a serious relationship with each other when you only ended an engagement less than a month ago. I'm probably just some rebound to you. But honestly, I'm not even that mad at you. I'm mad at myself. I rushed into things without thinking. I obviously can't trust myself. I'm just gonna go before I get hurt." Taylor said with tears in her eyes.

"No Taylor please, I need you." I begged. I've only known her for a few days and I already can't imagine my life without her.

"See Nash, that's my point. You need me because you have lots going on. I'm just a distraction."

"No, Taylor. You ain't a distraction. For the past few days I've known you I wake up excited in the morning because I know I get to see you. I've never felt so safe around someone. Being around you makes me feel things I've never felt before. I feel like the most authentic version of myself around you. I don't know how to explain it and I don't know what I'll do without you."

Taylor's POV
Oh gosh. I might've broken this boy. I really want to continue our relationship the way it's been, but I think it's best for both me and Nash if we take a few steps back for a bit.

"I'm not walking out the door forever Nash, I just think we need to slow things down for a bit. You just ended an engagement so I think we should go slow. In fact, maybe we should just be friends for a little while."

"Hmmph. Friends." Nash scoffed.

"Yes, friends Nash. Just for a little while. Get to know each other better anyways."

"And how do you think I'm gonna be able to pull that off, Taylor?"

"I don't know. You'll have to just try and see."

"Yeah, right. We'll see how long this lasts."