Grayson's Idea

Nash's POV
"NO WAY GRAYSON! Not gonna happen! Ever." I yelled at my brother. He just suggested that I "test" Taylor.

"Nash, please. Please just hear me out!" Grayson pleased.

"I don't know what else there is to hear. No. No. No."

Grayson wanted me to tell Taylor a "little story" he made up. Pfffffttt. That idiot. He wanted me to tell her that there was no money. There was an issue with the will. Not only that, but I'm broke and in debt.

"Nash, I like Taylor. I really do. She has my, and the rest of the family's, approval. I trust her about 90 percent. And you know pretty well that's about 90 percent more than I trust most people. However, you're a Hawthorne Nash. You've got Hawthorne money. Hawthorne status. You gotta be careful. You can't be positive she's in it for the right reasons until you do something like this. Trust me. Besides, I don't think she'd be that mad."

"Oh really, Gray? She won't be mad? No wonder you're single, you don't know how women work! Obviously she'll be mad! Anyone in their right mind would be! Besides, I love her Gray. She loves me. She ain't in it for the money. And frankly, I don't even really care if she is. She can have it."

"I'm sorry Nash. I'm just trying to look out for you." Grayson apologized.

"You know what, it's fine. Just don't pull shit like this again, ya hear? Besides, Taylor doesn't even know how much money I have. She only knows about the money I got from the will."

"You haven't told her yet?"

"It hasn't come up. I guess I'll tell her soon but I doubt it'll do anything. She's not like that Gray."

"I believe you brother."

"Do you really?" I stared at Grayson until he responded.

"Yes Nash! I promise I do." Grayson said seeming sincere.

"Thank you. Good bye Gray, please relax." I said as I walked out the room in search of Taylor.  I still hoped he wasn't gonna try anything. Should I warn Taylor? No, I don't think so. It'll just hurt her feelings that Grayson didn't trust her. She cares way too much about what others think of her. I can trust that Grayson won't do any investigative work on her.

Right?