A Meeting with Skye

Taylor's POV
I don't know what I was expecting Nash's mother to be like, but it wasn't this. Skye was in her room meditating while drinking champagne when we walked in.

"Hello Nash. You interrupted me."

"Sorry, I need to have an important conversation with you."

"Ugh, so serious. You've been hanging around Grayson too much. Anyways, that can all wait. Don't you want to introduce your friend here first?" Skye said motioning to me.

"Hi! I'm Taylor. It's lovely to meet you Ms. Hawthorne."

"Please, call me Skye. I hate formalities."

"Now mother, I'm not going to beat around the bush. Jameson told me you're up to something and I reckon it's something to do with Taylor and her friend Avery."

"Ex-friend" I whispered.

"What was that you said dear?" Skye asked with a gleam in her eye.

"Oh sorry I didn't realize I said that aloud." I said embarrassed. "I just said she's not my friend, not anymore at least."

Nash's POV
Shit. Skye's definitely up to something. I could tell by her smile when Taylor said she wasn't friends with Avery anymore.

"Mom, I know you're up to something."

"No dear, I am not. And you ought to know better than to believe Jameson. But if you want to know why that girl is all mad, you might want to check what the press is saying."

I grabbed my phone and searched up Avery Grambs.

Oh no.

"Taylor, let's go." I had to explain all this to her and make sure she's okay. Someone leaked a rumor to the press.

"Is everything alright?" Taylor asked as she followed me out the door.

"Wait one second, dear." Skye called out to Taylor.

"Yes?"

"Oh you poor thing, don't go listen to that one girl. You're better off without her. Also, no one of importance cares what the media thinks. Pay it no mind."

"Th-thanks? I guess?"

I gotta get Taylor out of here. Again.