Flowers and Aplogies

"Mister, I'll take your roses
If you cut off the thorns,
She can't take no more
I'll buy violets and daises
To hide all the crazy,
It's gonna take all you've got
Aw, it's a bad day for love,
But a good day for flower shops"
— Flower Shops by ERNEST feat. Morgan Wallen

Taylor's POV
I ignored Nash for the rest of the day after our little argument. Ughhh. I really don't know what to think about the whole situation. Maybe I should ask Nash the story about the broken engagement. I shouldn't really make any judgements till then. As I opened the door to my room to go look for Nash, I saw the most beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me.

 As I opened the door to my room to go look for Nash, I saw the most beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me

There was a note that said:

Dear Taylor,
I'm so sorry. Please forgive me.
If we have to be just friends for a while,
can we at least be besties? :)
— Nash

Dang. That was the cutest. I've always been a very forgiving person who sees the best in people. However, that also means people often take advantage of me. I really just wanted to trust Nash and go all in with him. But, I don't want to end up with a broken heart.

I decided to go leave a note for Nash.

I wrote:

Nash, of course I forgive you. I know I don't know the full story so I can't really make judgements. I know you'll tell me when you feel comfortable, and that's fine. And honestly, I should be the one who's sorry. I shouldn't have gotten that mad over something I don't really know about. Let's start fresh, shall we?
Your bestest of friends,
Taylor

I took the note along with a flower from the bouquet and slid it under Nash's door.

Nash's POV
Why do I ruin everything? I was in my room sulking over the whole ordeal with Taylor when I saw a hand push a note and a flower under my door. Laughing, I picked it up. I opened the door and saw Taylor running down the hall.

"Taylor, wait! Come here!"

I read the note as Taylor walked back to my room. I wrapped her up in a hug as I said, "Thank you. I was worried I ruined this for good." Taylor looked up at me and laughed.
"What?" I asked, confused to why she was laughing. "You think you can get rid of me that easily?"

"I'm just used to losing things I guess." I said.

"Oh Nash, I'm sorry. I don't know what happened or who hurt you but when I said we're a team and that whatever happens I'll be there, I meant it."

Wow. I've never had that. The only people I could ever trust would always be there were my brothers. But, being the older brother I felt like I was supposed to be there for them. Not the other way around. It feels so nice to have someone say that, and mean it.

"I'll always be here too. As whatever you want me to be. As a friend, a boyfriend, and hopefully one day a husband." I said the last part jokingly while wiggling my eyebrows up and down. But deep down, I meant it.

Taylor blushed as she took the note out of my hand. She grabbed a pen and wrote something on the back. She handed me the note, blew me a kiss, and left.

I opened it and smiled. It read:

Well crap Nash, I don't see us staying friends for long. Gotta leave before I kiss you. You stupid, sweet, handsome boy.

I could hear her faint laughter as she ran down the hall once again.

PS: Next couple of chapters are gonna be important and exciting so stay tuned! :)