The Will

"Luck of the draw only draws the unlucky"
— Daylight by Taylor Swift

Nash's POV
Here goes nothin. I have a feeling the will is going to have some surprises in it. It seems Xander thinks so too. All I can think about is how I'm going to have to calm down Jameson and Grayson before they do something stupid. My mother is probably gonna be a wreck after this too. I'll let my brothers handle her. I've never been close with her. However, I was mostly worried about Avery and Taylor. What is my grandfather gonna drag them into?

Taylor's POV
The will seemed normal at first. Tobias Hawthorne gave money and properties to his most loyal staff. Then, came his two daughters. He left them practically nothing. Later came Jameson and Xander. They were left with 10 million a piece. That was a lot, don't get me wrong. But I would have assumed they would get more. The man had billions of dollars after all. He was the richest man in the history of the US. Later, they got to Grayson. I heard he was expected to be the heir apparent. But he was also left with 10 million. Then, it was time for Nash. I looked over at him and gave him an encouraging smile. He smiled back.

The lawyer cleared his throat. "To my grandson, Nash Hawthorne I leave 10 million dollars. I also leave my 2nd property in Dallas along with 1 million dollars to cover renovation costs to Nash to be shared with Taylor Jones."

What? Why was I sharing this property with Nash? Before I could ponder it any longer, the lawyer got to my part in the will.

"To Taylor Jones I leave 2 million dollars. I also leave whatever amount necessary to cover the cost of her wedding to Nash Hawthorne. May the two of you have a wonderful future together."

"WHAT?" My jaw dropped and I had no idea what to think. Tobias Hawthorne said in his will that he wants me to marry his grandson?!? I could feel everyone's eyes on me. I turned over to Nash. I couldn't read his expression. He looked over to me and whispered, "Darlin' meet me in the office 3 doors down from this room when the reading is over. Don't freak out and don't cause a scene. And don't talk to anyone. It'll be okay I promise." I then saw him rush out the door.

Great, now everyone is staring at me. I saw Alisa was giving me a death look mixed with a pity look. I didn't even know that was possible. I turned to Avery but didn't get to see her reaction before a even more surprising detail came along.

"To Avery Kylie Grambs, I leave the rest of my fortune and possessions."

Before I could process that I ran out of the room to find Nash. Best to leave while the attention wasn't on me. I'd have to apologize to Avery later. But first, I needed answers.