Introductions

Taylor's POV
As soon as we stepped foot in the building, we were ushered into a giant room. The will reading was to begin shortly after our arrival. I sat down next to Avery and waited for everyone to show up. A few minutes later the same boy from outside sat down next to me.

"Hey there darlin'. What's your name?"

I could feel myself blushing as I looked at him. I was already attracted to him and his thick Texas drawl only made matters worse.

"It's Taylor, a pleasure to meet you."

"I'm Nash and the pleasures all mine." He said as he gave me a little smirk. "So how did you know the old man?"

"I didn't. I have no idea why he wanted me here."

"Same goes for your friend over there I reckon?"

I looked over at Avery. I realized Nash and I have been ignoring her in our introductions. I gave her an apologetic look.

"Yeah I have no idea either. I'm Avery by the way."

Just then, 3 other boys who looked to be in their late teens or early 20s walked in. I assumed they were Nash's brothers.

The youngest came over to where we were sitting. The other two kept walking. They seemed to be mad about something.

"What's their problem?" I whispered to Nash.

"What ain't is the better question. Those are my brothers Grayson and Jameson. They haven't been on the best of terms with each other, or anyone really, lately. But just ignore them. Jameson is dramatic and Grayson takes everything way too seriously."

"Don't worry I'm way more pleasant then they are." Nash's other brother sat in the seat in front of us. "I'm Xander by the way."

"I'm Taylor"
"I'm Avery"

"Well I'd love to get to know you lovely ladies more but it seems the reading is about to start." Xander turned around in his chair and started tapping his leg.

"He seems to have lots of energy." I joked to Nash.

"Yep" He smiled and laughed. Then his face turned serious.

"Hey Taylor? I just- well, hmm. How do I say this? My grandfather was an interesting man. I don't know what his will is going to contain. Just don't be surprised by anything, okay? And don't scared by the people in this house. But don't trust them either. I don't know what's gonna happen but come to me if you need anything, ya hear?"

I didn't know how to process what Nash was saying. What is going to be in this will? And why should I be cautious of people here?

"And why should I trust you then?" I asked.

A somewhat sad look came over his face. "Because I ain't in their world darlin'. Not anymore at least." Something told me there was a story behind all Nash was saying but to not ask right now.

Alisa and a few other people who I assumed were also lawyers walked to the front of the room. A very serious looking man in a suit started talking. "If I can have your attention please, the reading of Tobias Hawthorne's will is about to begin."

I could hear Xander in the row ahead of us say, "Let the games begin."