Let's Just See What Happens

Taylor's POV
I didn't know wether to be angry or happy. I just received two million dollars and an arranged marriage. I was prepared to stomp into the office and ask Nash a million questions.

But that was before I saw him. He was sitting at a desk with his hands over his face, crying. He noticed me and looked embarrassed. We stood in silence for about a minute before he said "I'm sorry."

"For what? I didn't think it was your idea."

"No it wasn't but it's still my fault. You don't have to do this ya know. I'd understand."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on, you can't possibly be happy about being bribed into marrying some billionaires loser grandson. I mean how desperate must someone be for their dead grandfather to try to arrange a marriage by offering a few million dollars and a house. You can have the house. If you need more money or anything just ask. You don't have to go through all this. I can buy you a plane ticket back if you need it."

Nash got up and started walking towards the door.

"Nash, wait." I didn't know what to say so I ran and gave him a hug. I started crying too, though I don't know why. I guess the shock was really setting in. Plus, it hurt seeing him like that. I don't know why I cared so much, but I did. "I never said I didn't want to give this a chance. Yeah it's weird and a little uncomfortable but... I'm willing to give whatever this is a shot if you are."

I could feel Nash relax and take a deep breath. "You sure?" He whispered in my ear. I felt him take a strand of my hair and tuck it behind my ear. "Only if you are" I said. "I-I think I am" Nash replied. A huge grin overtook my face and I took a step back so I could look him in the eyes. "Let's just see what happens okay? Don't put pressure on the whole situation. Look at it as an adventure." I then stepped towards the door. I looked back at Nash and gave him a wink. "Besides, you ain't too hard to look at."

Dang, where did I get that courage from? I started to run out of the room but not before I heard Nash make an equally bold statement. "And you're absolutely gorgeous darlin'."

I could feel myself blush what looked like a red-hot wildfire on my cheeks. What is happening to me?