Don't Listen to Jameson Either

"Could be forever, or we might break
That's just the kind of risk that we take
My head is yellin' that I could get hurt
But I'm gonna jump right in, baby with my heart first"
—HEARTFIRST by Kelsea Ballerini

Taylor's POV
"Just ignore him sweetheart. He's stressed right now and humor is his go to coping mechanism. I'm sorry, I was trying to get us away from my family for a bit. I had no idea they would follow us."

"It's fine. I get it. But, Nash?"

"Yes, dear?"

"Don't you think he kinda has a point though?"

"'Bout what?"

"Us. I mean, do you think maybe we're moving too fast? I mean we haven't even known each other for a full day! Yet, your already calling me darlin', princess, dear, and sweetheart. I mean look, we already have a house together and your family expects us to get married!"

"Oh dar- I mean Taylor, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. Tell me however you want to do this and that's what we'll do. I'm so sorry. I know how awkward this must feel."

"That's the thing. I know we just met and we are probably going WAY too fast but- I really don't wanna stop. I know this situation should feel so awkward and scary but, I just feel so safe with you. I'm just scared I'm going to get hurt if I fall this fast too quickly." The whole situation was a shock. But it was true that being with Nash felt natural, like we've known each other for ages.

"Oh darlin' I feel the exact same way. Let's just take it one day at a time, okay? Remember what you said in the office earlier. See it as an adventure. Don't put pressure on yourself or the situation. Just see where it goes. Tell me if you feel uncomfortable about something. And baby, I'm going to try with everything in me not to hurt you. I can't promise because I'm human, and it's bound to happen eventually, but I'm on your team. I'll be there for you even if no one else is. Which, by the way, this reminds me of somethin'. Don't go look up your name any time soon."

"Why?" I didn't even think about how Avery and I's story was probably going to be picked up by the media. It's not every day a billionaire leaves everything to a stranger, or tries marry off one of his grandsons to another stranger in his will. 

"I'll let Alisa explain that one to you. Anyways, let's just try to enjoy the rest of our night without trying to think about all this. Let's get to know one another better. I'll order pizza then we can watch a movie or something."

"Sounds perfect. I think I wanna forget about all the drama for now. It's not like it won't still be there in the morning!"

"Very true darlin', very true."