Movie Night

"Laughing with my feet up in your lap
Like you were my closest friend
How'd we end up on the floor anyway?"
-Maroon by Taylor Swift

Nash's POV
"Yeah? A day at home with no drama and Hawthornes, right?"

"Yep that was the promise! And... I think we should extend that for a week, what do you say?"

Like she even needed to ask. "Obviously my answer is yes darlin'."

"Great, and obviously that was a huge mess in there and we'll need to talk about it all later... but I really just want to go home and ignore all drama and responsibilities." Taylor sighed.

"Movie night?" I asked. I didn't really feel like having a deep discussion tonight either.

"You read my mind!" Taylor smiled as she leaned over to kiss me.

"And you just read mine." I joked.

Taylor slapped my arm. "And an actual movie night Nash. Not a make out session. I want to watch a movie."

Dang. She really could read my mind. "Who said that was my intention?"

I pulled into the driveway of our new house. I parked and got out of my truck. I waited for Taylor to get out before picking her up and putting her over my shoulder.

"NASH HAWTHORNE, PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW!" Taylor yelled in between laughs as she kicked her legs.

"Nah, you're having too much fun." I carried her into the living room and we both fell into the couch laughing. All the sudden, I felt myself get tackled.

"TAYLOR! That's it. You asked for it." I picked up a pillow and threw it at her.

Taylor's POV
Wow. I haven't had that much fun in ages. We had a full on pillow fight that lasted for about 10 minutes.

I plopped down on the coach and Nash sat next to me. "I think we may have the same sense of humor." I said.

"Agreed." Nash had a smile that could've lit up any room.

Goodness, I'm falling fast. Ain't I?

I curled up on Nash's lap as he grabbed the TV remote.

"What do you wanna watch."

"Whatever."

"You'll say that but I bet you do care."

"Try to pick a movie you think I like. I wanna see how well you know me."

"Ohhh, okay. Challenge accepted."

"I'll close my eyes while you look for the movie." I waited as Nash flipped through movies on the tv screen.

"Okay, got it."

I opened my eyes to see my favorite rom-com playing on the screen. Sweet Home Alabama staring Reese Witherspoon.

"NO WAY!"

"I'm guessing that means I did a good job?"

"Yeah, this is my favorite movie! How did you guess?"

"I don't know. It seemed like something you'd like. Plus, it's one of my favorites too." No way. No way. This guy is too good too be true for sure.

"It is?! Not gonna lie a guy liking rom-coms is like the hottest thing ever..."

"Good to know."

I leaned in to kiss Nash. "Nuh uh. You said "I actually wanna watch the movie, no kissing, blah blah blah." Nash laughed as he mocked me. I pouted. "I can multitask."

Nash smiled. "Good, because I was hoping you'd wanna break that rule anyway."