Chapter 6

A Pirate’s Offer

Two days past, the blood moon pirates continued to sail towards south. The crew were quite overwhelmed by their experience last night, causing them to be exhausted for they had encountered a huge storm.

It was their first time to stumble upon a huge tempest. They are rather flabbergasted by their experience, except for six people.

Tsuki, Killua, Pitou and Pouf had survived the storm like it was just a small gale, and so does Knukkle and Kite, they operated the ship like professionals.

The six members volunteered to stir and controlled the ship while the other members rested in a specific chamber.

While they stirred the ship, Pitou on the bird’s nest, has spotted a wide island, with two landforms at both of its sides. He quickly informed his captain and navigator about it. Kite confirmed that it is the island that he had drawn on the map.

Upon nearing the daunting looking island, almost everyone – including those who got out of the resting chamber – felt creeped out just by looking at its shape.

Their captain, Tsuki, however was already plumbing the area and thinking of a strategy for her next move – getting the other pirates to reach this island safely.

While thinking, Tsuki noticed something about the eerie island they are approaching. It is not like the other islands they commonly spotted across the vast oceans they’ve traveled instead, acquiring an odd shape that of a literal human skull.

This shocked the whole crew as gasps were heard on the ship. Their ship entered through the skull’s mouth and noticed it being empty but a single humungous tree growing in the middle, with its branches coming out of one of the skull’s eyehole.

Now…. Tsuki was certain that this is exactly the place where they can be safe and hide the rest of the suffering pirates.

“Alright minna, this is the place. Dock the ship near the tree and we’ll start from there. Killua, Pitou, Pouf secure the area. Make sure we are completely alone. Knuckle, Leorio see if we can build chambers around the tree without hurting it. Also add some houses that are attached or near the walls across from the tree, then build bridges to connect the houses to it. Don’t worry about the materials needed, we’ll find a way for it. Palm and Ponzu, go through the supplies we have and fix something you can all eat. Kite and Pokkle come with me”. Tsuki immediately gave out orders to her crewmates once she had decided, all while looking at the owner of the names she mentioned.

“HAI!!!!” the crew loudly exclaimed.

As the crew started their tasks they are given Kite and Tsuki headed to her office to think of a way to bring the other pirates to that island.
………….

“A letter perhaps Senshou” Kite suggested to his thinking captain.

“And how do you suggest we deliver the letters to them without exposing ourselves to other citizens? Besides we don’t know anything about they’re whereabouts. All we have is a vague location” Tsuki inquired while sitting on a chair facing the two.

“Do you, by any chance, own a bird Senshou? Birds are quite known for delivering messages throughout vast oceans” Pokkle proposed. “Any type of bird will do but I certainly recommend big ones like eagles.” He added.

“Hmmm…” is what Tsuki only responded pondering over a thought “alright” was what they heard before their captain made her way out of the room and to the deck. They followed her outside, standing by the door to see what she had in mind.