Chapter 17

THE RISE OF THE RED MOON; HER RETURN

"Gomene (I'm sorry)....I should've just stayed back then none of these would happen. But you know what, I don't regret anything. Because for once, I felt free" Gin said as she faces her older cousin and her brother with a closed eyed smile.

As the royals were rejoicing for the princess' safety, Tonpa was held by the other pirates along with his crew to prevent him from escaping. Tsuki was about to order the pirates to send the trickster and his crew to board the ship however, Kurapika saw this coming and quickly draw his sword and used it to blocked the pirate's way. Upon reacting to this, Tsuki's crew also pulled out their swords and pointed it to the prince, this triggered Biscuit to haul the sword on her waist to protect the prince. Whereas the twins stared in disbelief at the commotion in front of them.

"I'll be the one to take the trickster to his cell at the cove." Tsuki announced as she faced the prince.

"It wasn't said in the agreement that he should stay with you" Kurapika proclaimed.

"It wasn't also stated that you'll be taking him with you and be executed. He's still one of my people." Tsuki retorted as she looked at the prince stoically.

"Onii-chan, It's fine. I'm sure that the captain won't let him escape again." Gin spoke as she gave her cousin assurance.

Kurapika sighed in defeat as he kept his sword, the same thing was done by the other pirates. They then led Tonpa and his crew to their confinement inside the ship while being held by them.

Tsuki glanced over to the prince before ordering Ponzu to take them to board the ship to return to the cove and assist the princess.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Gin's POV

Once we arrived at the said location, I was guided by one of the crewmates of the lady captain to a small room inside a big hallow tree that is said to be where the blood moon pirates stay. A green-haired girl dressed as a pirate assisted me in cleaning up myself, tended the bruise on my cheek and the scraps on my skin. After treating my scratches, she handed me some pirate clothes for me to wear and informed me that it was from their captain. Soon enough she advised me to take some rest as she made her way out of the door and I started to fall asleep.

When I woke up, the sun was about to set. Staring at the window, mesmerized by the orange hue. The knock on the door, woke me up in my daze.

The door opened and Ponzu showed up. "Oh, your highness, I didn't mean to wake you up".

"Oh no, you didn't do such thing. I was already awake when you knocked." I explained causing the girl to release a sigh in relief.

She smiled sweetly at me, although her smile is somewhat unhappy. "Are you alright?" That seems to wake her up with her unshared thoughts.

"Yes, your highness" she said smiling at me.

"You can tell me" This seems to make her smile more as she arranged things on the vanity.

"It's just that you remind me of Senshou 5 years ago. She really looks innocent with those clothes on." She had a soft smile on her face as she approached me.

"Well, I would like to thank her personally then. For the clothes." I stated as I stood up to open the door and was surprise to see the captain herself standing in front of me.

I let her enter as Ponzu rush outside the door, closing it after her. The captain looked at me and smiled.

"It suits you"