Chapter 7

A New Home; A King’s Tenacity

Days passed as dusk turns to dawn, Tsuki and her crew waited patiently for pirates to come and accept their agreement – but no one came.

Tsuki and the crew has started building houses and bridges on the island for the pirates to live in, they built them above the waters to avoid floods to wash their things away. They started preparing to build a big number of houses, fit for a whole village for pirates.

They had also planned to build a big structure of a house for them and a great hall for the meetings, as well as a stock room for their supplies.

They would come and go to the Freecs Kingdom just to get materials for building houses and bridges to connect them.

They worked hard to finished the houses as they waited for pirates to come but to their dismay, no pirates has been spotted around the area. The crewmates hope was getting lesser and lesser day by day but their captain stood determined as she watches the sky and horizon for any signs.

Until days turns into weeks and weeks turned into a month, still there were no sign of any pirates.

Till they heard a screeching sound coming from afar and they got the idea of where the sound came from.

“Knukkle, Leorio head to the entrance” Tsuki ordered from the deck as the two obeyed their captains’ orders.

“It seems like our guests has arrived” Tsuki muttered to Killua by her side.

From the bird’s nest of their ship, Pitou spotted pirate ships headed to their place and quickly got down to inform his captain.

“Senshou, pirate ships are headed this way” Tsuki just nodded and grinned as she headed to the entrance. Killua followed her sister together with the rest of the crew.

“Pitou how many ships are there?” Killua asks as Pitou put a hand on his chin and started counting his fingers. “About five ships” he answered. 

Just then a screeching sound was heard once again and Killua whistled. The certain eagle was seen gliding through the clouds as it lands on Tsuki’s outstretched arm. 

“Good job on bringing them here safely.” Tsuki whispered to the eagle and it flew towards the bird’s nest of their ship.

Seeing the ships at the entrance, Tsuki greeted them with a smile and the new faces returned the friendly gesture.

“I’m so glad that you had made it safely. Upon seeing you here, I suppose that you have approved to my agreement.” Tsuki proclaim as she faces the pirates and notices kids on deck, that made her to widen her smile.

“We thank you for your kindness miss. Once we received your letter, we were glad that the Great King has answered our prayers. You’re our new hope Captain of the Blood Moon Pirates.” The man lowered his captains’ hat and bow down in front of Tsuki, but she was quick to help him to stand up.

“Please, don’t bow to me. I’m only here to help you get your freedom back and keep you safe, I’m not your leader.” Tsuki denied but the man protested. “But that’s what a leader does, let our loyalty to you be the sign of our thankfulness for saving us.” 

Tsuki could do nothing but smile at their gratitude and let them inside. Show them to their new home - houses that are already built. Men’s from the pirates offered to help in building houses and the crew agreed.

In the past few months, pirates have started coming to the Skull Island. And as the three months past, the island was full of people.

Meanwhile…………

At the Nostrade palace, King Light held a meeting with the other two kings of the York New ocean.

“I received a very disturbing news from my people. I believe you already have as well?” he claimed.

“What are you trying to imply Nostrade?” King Kurta questioned.

“The filthy pirates have invaded the farthest island at the south side of this ocean.” Light replied.

“So? No one lives in that island except for nature itself. Besides, our people are terrified to even go near that island” King Ging countered.

“I strongly object to this idea. Pirates are dangerous not just to us but also to our people, generally our whole kingdom and letting them live in that island will surely bring chaos to our whole ocean” Light stated.

“I believe that is not true King Light. They may be pirates but they are people trying to survive life. Not all of them brings chaos, there are also a great number of them that are innocent.” King Kurta objected.

“But how can you prove they are innocent? They have stolen goods from our market and have injured many citizens. Does that still seem innocent to you?” King Light questioned the ruler of the Kurta kingdom with a glare.

“Yes, they might bring chaos to our people. Yes, most of them are innocent. That is why I agree to both of you. They can live in that island for as long as they want, they’re humans after all. However, we may also form an agreement with them, give them opportunities to purchase goods from our market as long as they don’t bring trouble that can hurt our people. This will serve as a bond between us and to gain peace in York New ocean” King Ging implied looking at both kings.

The two stared at the third king shocked at what he proposed but Light was against it and will try to fight his way to get what he wants.

“No! I won’t agree to this! They are pirates they deserve to spent the rest of their lives in cells. I won’t let them live freely, I won’t just sit down and watch them enjoy their life with freedom!” The first king blurted out. He stormed off and aggressively closed the door of the meeting room.

………..

After the huge disagreement between the three kings, they dismissed themselves back to their own kingdoms.

However, apart from King Nostrade, the two kings stood by what they believed and how they want to deal with this situation at hand.

King Kurta, although not openly, declared that pirates are still welcome in his kingdom at any time. For he believed that most pirates have kind hearts and that they are still human. He is willing to welcome any pirates who comes and is also willing to help them however he can.

King Ging on the other hand, though he still welcomed pirates in his kingdom too, he forbade both his only daughter and son to stroll the streets of the kingdom at all. Even though he hates to see the miserable looks on their faces, he still did so for the sake of their safety entrusting them to his dear cousin and the aunt of his children, Mito.

Both kings are willing to take the risk but in doing so comes an exchange – to never cause trouble in their kingdoms that may endanger the lives and safety of their people – that results in heavy punishments if pirates tried to do such.