We all do crazy things

Nandini was happy that she saw him twice already this week and it's only the starting of the week.
She thought maybe I should just note down somewhere which days I saw him .
She didn't want anyone else to know about this so she just takes a paper wrote the dates of the month and days and as she didn't want anyone to know about too it she just makes a smilie as she gets happy on seeing him and sticks it on her cupboard so that she doesn't forget to mark it whenever she sees him.

She thinks that it's the craziest thing she has done ever for a boy but she does mark it.

Few times whenever she saw him she marked it . ( As shown in the above image she adds two circles when she sees him on his bike along with a smilie)

After a few days as usual her overthinking took over her mind and she again thought why are you just thinking about him Nandini He might even not know me . He might even not know my existence and here I'm getting crazy here I'm getting delusional... you are in another level of delusion right now to even think that he might like you or know you ahhhhhh I can't handle this let's talk to mom it will clear my mind a bit.

They talk a bit after a while
Mom : Did you see Manik today?
Nandini : No mom let's not even talk about him he might not even know me.
Mom : it's just all in your head why will he not know? Akash uncle might have asked his opinion about proposal and might have told him about you and he must have agreed then only they will bring proposal na
Nandini : No mom ( Hearing all this she was just blushing but covering it up)
Mom : don't do overacting.
Nandini : But it might have happened in the other way also Akash uncle might have asked us first about our opinion before telling him about the proposal or even telling him about me . As we rejected he might have not told them about proposal also at all.
Mom : yeah might have happened
Nandini: mom my final exams are in 3 months.
Mom : really? It's so soon
Nandini : yeah everyone is worried
Mom: oh really
Nandini : I wish if someone guided me. You always ask about Manik but he doesn't even talk or help me out for my exams so stop talking about him.
Mom : yeah it's true .

Later as she goes to sleep she thinks " I hate you Manik why don't you even ever talk or help me with my exams? You are my senior you could've told me few tips . I hate myself for even thinking about you and even being delusional that you even know about me".

She thinks all this but after she sees him in college she feels happy.

Next day Nandini and her friend were in hospital going to the ward they were supposed to go.
Shruthi : Yaar I have to meet the senior intern Ma'am that I know in gynaecology ward will you come with me?
( it's the same senior female intern who sat beside manik when Nandini first saw Manik as both interns are same batch they have same department ward now so Manik also must be in the ward and Nandini knows that )

Nandini: okay let's go

They started walking a few steps . Nandini starts searching from the corridor itself for Manik.
Meanwhile Shruthi calls the senior if she's in the ward or not and the senior says she is not in the ward.

Shruthi : She is not in the ward let's go to our ward.
They turn around.
At about 20 steps Something catches Nandini's eyes.
Someone just turned around on reflex because they were staring at them and didn't expect them to turn around so he just turned around to not to get caught seeing them.
But poor him Nandini saw that him turning away and acting like he was in serious discussion with his friends beside him.
Yes it's Manik.

Nandini thought ohh there you are and observes his shirt and climbs the stairs going to their department ward as smiles to herself.

But she is sad that soon they have exams and she will not get to see him and later they have holidays and after that Manik will complete his internship and has to go.

She marks on the paper with smilie and was sad because she has preparation holidays . She then realised she marked tomorrow's date by mistake instead of today and was about to strike it off and thinks let's see if we are ever meant to be I will not strike it and let's see if i can get to see you tomorrow.

Next day
College ended but Nandini was not able to catch a glimpse of Manik she packs bags and going to her home disheartened.
On the way She was just watching outside scenery.
She was passing by a snack shop at the outskirts and her eyes fell on Manik yes it's him the vehicle was going faster but she could still see him unexpectedly at unexpected place. He's buying something but as Nandini's vehicle was going faster she couldn't see clearly what he is buying She turned back to see if it's really him yes it's definitely him. She saw his shirt but didn't like it. And she smiled. Is it really him? Or am I hallucinating or mistook someone else for him? She remembered his shirt dark blue with green checks.
She thought should ask him if it's really him by remembering and ask him if he has the shirt. Will I ever be able to have a conversation with him to ask him about it? Will I ever talk with him?

She thought Are we ever meant to be?