Why??

Manik pov

Atleast she saw me. She had my attention that is enough of progress for today. Let's take baby steps Manik and don't scare her.

At night his father calls him and they were talking
Dad : Manik beta they rejected the proposal.
Manik : what are you talking about Dad?
Dad : The proposal beta that Akash uncle got for you.
Manik : oh you are talking about that I forgot about it and even I'm not interested dad.
Dad : Listen beta it's not like that....
Manik : No dad it's already no need of discussing about it leave it.

Manik got angry about it and also sad.
He was heartbroken.
Nandini why?? Why ? Why  did you reject me you didn't like me? You were just watching me today why did you do it? Am I not good enough for you?  Do you hate me?
Fine let it be . I will never show up again. After  10 days both our schedules will be changed and I hope that you and I will not have the same postings and will not be in the same room again. I want to exchange my current posting with my friend but why should I do that it will only show that I'm running away from you.

From next day
Manik and Nandini pass by each other many times and have eye contact. Manik keeps on trying to control himself from watching her and doing all the things he did before.

Nandini didn't even know that the proposal guy was him at that time.

She has a few days holidays so goes to her grandparents house and hopes that she gets to see Manik even after holidays and hopes that they have same postings.

At the last day of holiday she knows that the proposal guy is Manik and hopes to see him next day .
Manik at all costs didn't want to even see her so he takes night shifts all the time.