Chapter 10

Winterfell

Winterfell

Gabrielle is sitting in the main hall with Robb and Maester Luwin.  They're waiting for Bran and Theon arrive.  Tyrion has come to visit them.  They were all unsure of the Lannister especially when there were supsicions of that the Lannisters being behind Bran's fall. 

"I must say, i recieved a slightly warmer welcome on my last visit."  Tyrion tells them.  

"Any man of the night watch is welcome at Winterfell."  Robb tells him.   "Any man of the night's watch but not i, boy." Tyrion asks.   "I'm not your boy, Lannister.  I'm lord of Winterfell while my father is away."  Robb tells him sternly.    Tyrion nods.  "Then you might learn a lord's courtesy."

With that Hodor comes in holding Bran in his arms with Theon behind him.  Tyrion looks shocked "It's true."   He stops Hodor and Bran.  "Hello Bran, do you remember anything about what happened?   Gabrielle looks at him confused.  "Why would you ask him that?"   Tyrion looks at her "Just wondering."   "He has no memory of that day."  Maester Luwin answers.    Tyrion nods.  "Curious."

Robb looks at him "Why are you here?"    "Would your charming companion be so kind to kneel? My neck is starting to hurt."  Tyrion asks Bran.  "Kneel, Hordor."  Bran tells Hordor and he does.  

"Do you like to ride, Bran?"  Tyrion asks.  "Yes, well, i mean, i did like to." Bran answers.  "The boy has lost the use of his legs."  Maester Luwin answers.    Tyrion looks at him.  "What of it?  With the right horse and saddle, even a cripple can ride."    "I'm not a cripple."  Bran answers.   "Then i'm not a dwarf.  My father will rejoice to hear it.  I have a gift for you."  Tyrion gives Bran a scroll.  "Give that to your saddler.  He'll provide the rest."    Tyrion turns to the others.  "You must shape the horse to the rider.  And start with a yearling and teach it to respond to the reins and to the boy's voice. "

Bran looks at Tyrion.  "Will i really be able to ride?"  Tyrion nods "You will.  On horseback, you'll be tall as any of them."     Robb shakes his head.  "Is this some kind of trick? Why do you want to help him?   Tyrion looks at him.  "I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things."    Robb nods.  "You have done my brother a kindness.  The hospitality of Winterfell is yours."  Tyrion knew he didn't mean it.  "Spare your false courtesies, lord Stark.  There's  a brothel outside these walls.  There i'll find a bed , and both of us can sleep easier.  Tyrion walks out.  

Gabrielle walks up to Bran "Shall i take that your saddler?"  Bran nods, Gabrielle is about to walk away when he stops her.  "Can come with you?"   Gabrielle smiles "Of course, Hodor?"  Hodor nods and they walk out to the stables.  

They are walking to the stables.  Bran sighes.  "Gabrielle, is there something wrong with me?"  Gabrielle feel so upset hearing that.  "Hodor, kneel."   Hodor kneels and Gabrielle looks at him.  "Bran, listen to me.  Nothing is wrong with you.  You're still the same boy despite what happened now.  Come on let's find your saddler."   Bran nods "Hodor, stand up."  He does and they walk on.  

KING'S LANDING

Arina walks with Sansa into the throne room. "Someday your husband will sit there and you will sit by his side.  And one day, before too long, you will present your son to the court.  All the lords of Westeros will gather here to see the little prince."   Sansa sighes.  "What if i have a girl?"  Arina sighes.  "I'm sure you will have both boys and girls, so nothing to worry about that."  Sansa sighes "But what about if i have only girls?"  Arina smiles "You shouldn't worry about that."  

Sansa looks at her "But what about you? You have only a daughter.  Did your husband hate you for it?"  Arina shakes her head.  "No, he didn't.  He was actually relieved because he was scared to have a son.  So when i gave birth to Gabrielle, he cried.  I thought first he was upset with me it was quite opposite, it was happy tears.  But it's different for you Sansa, you're gonna be  queen of the seven kingdoms.  There's a reason why we haven't had many ruling queens."

Sansa nods.  "So if i have only daughters, i will be hated."   Arina sighes.  "Sansa, no one could hate you."  Sansa looks at her "Joffrey does."   "I'm sure that's not true."  Arina reassures her.  Sansa sighes and tries to walk away But Arina stops her.  "Sansa, you have to learn about this. Who build the iron throne?"   "Aegon the conqueror."  Sansa answers.  Arina nods.  "Who build the red keep?"   "Maegor the cruel."   Sansa answers.    Arina nods.  "And how many years did it take to build.."  But Sansa cuts her off.  "My grandfather and uncle were murdered here, weren't they?"  Arina sighes and nods.  "Yes, they were killed on the orders of king Aerys."   Sansa nods "The mad king."  Arina nods.   Sansa looks at her.  "Why were they killed?"   Arina sighes.  "Aerys Targaryen was paranoid and filled with madness.  He couldn't trust anyone and he thought they were coming to kill prince Rhaegar so he killed them."   Sansa nods.  

Kathryn was walking through the gardens.  "I have seen a woman more beautiful.."  She hears behind her so she turns around and sees no other than her husband and best friend Loras Tyrell.  She gasps happily.  "Loras."  She runs into his arms and he spins her around.  She pulls away "You're here!" You're ready for the tornaument?"  He nods.  "Of course."  She smiles and whispers into his ear.  "Don't worry, he will be seated behind me."   Loras smiles at her and whispers.  "Thank you."   She puts her hand out for him "Wanna take walk?"  Loras smiles and takes her hand and they start walking.  

Kiara was in her getting ready for the day when there is a knock at the door.  "Who is it?" She asks.   "Your father."  He answers.  She nods "Come in."  Jaime opens the door and closes it.  "Ready for the tornaument?  He asks.  She nods "Yes."  Jaime nods and walks up to her and smiles.  "You're beautiful."  She smiles.  "Father, do you think anyone will ask for my favor?"  He smiles "They would be stupid if they didn't."  She smiles "I will see you later."  He nods and walks out.  

But no matter what her father said, Kiara knew the truth.  She was a bastard and nothing could ever change that.  

Loras is here!! I hope you guys like this chapter and please tell me your thoughts.