Chapter 18

THE STARK CAMP

THE STARK CAMP

The news that they all had dreaded had arrived,  Ned was dead, exceuted.  Gabrielle was looking for Robb as soon as she heard the news.   She first looked in his tent but he wasn't there.  Finally she walked towards the woods and there she saw Robb with his sword, he was hitting a tree with his sword so hard that Gabrielle knew that if kept on like that any longer he would break it.  She could feel the tears streaming down her face, she knew exactly how he was feeling. 

She took a step closer.  "Robb."  He didn't listen and just kept hitting.  "Robb."  But he just kept hitting the tree.   "Robb!" She finally screamed and with that Robb looked up and the look he gave her made her almost fall down to her knees because she knew that pain.   

That was her when she found out about her mother but she knew that she could be that person for him, the person who truly understood what he was going through, who knew what it was like to lose a parent.   She put her hand out to him and gave him a smile with tears streaming down her face and with that Robb let go of his sword and took one step before leaping into her arms, she held him tightly.  

"Is this how it feels to lose a parent?" Robb asks, still crying.  She nods, feeling the tears streaming down her face.  "Yes. This is exactly how i felt when you told me about my mother." 

Gabrielle pull away for a second before putting her hands on his face.  "So i can you tell his.. I know how you feel, i know how you feel.  And i'm not going anwhere, i'm here."     He sniffles and nods.   She puts her arms around his neck and pulls him into another hug.  

"I'll kill them, i swear."   He answers.   She nods.  "I'll help you, we'll avenge them."    Suddenly Robb pulls away and she looks at him and she sees he's looking at something or someone behind her.  She turn around and she sees her aunt Catelyn, his mother.  

With that Gabrielle walks out of the woods, letting them have their own moment.  Gabrielle walks back to her tent and the moment she's inside her tent she falls to her knees and sobs.  

It's in the evening and it's dark.  It's a meeting with all the bannermen and Gabrielle is sitting between Robb and her aunt.  

"The proper course is clear. Pledge fealty to king Renly and move south to join our forces with his."  One of the bannermen gives as an option. 

"Renly is not the king."  Robb answers.  Which shocks the bannerman.  "You cannot mean to hold to Joffrey, my lord.  He put your father to death."  

"That  still doesn't make Renly king.  He's Robert's youngest brother.  If Bran can't be lord of Winterfell before me,  Renly can't be king before Stannis."  Robb answers.  

"Do you mean to declare us for Stannis?"  The same bannerman asks.  

With that Lord Greatjon Umber stands up.  "My lords."  But the bannermen are still arguing.  "My lords!"  He shouts which makes everyone quiet.  

"Here is what i have to say to these two kings."  He spits which makes the bannermen cheer.  "Renly Baratheon is nothing to me nor Stannis either.   Why should they rule over me and mine from some flowery seat in the south?  What do they know of the wall or the wolfswood? Even their gods are wrong."  The last part makes everyone laugh or smile. 

"Why shouldn't we rule ourselves again? It was the dragons we bowed to and now the dragons are dead!"   With that Lord Umber pulls up his sword and points at Robb, Gabrielle couldn't believe it.  

"There sits the only king i mean to bend my knee to.  The king in the north!"  Lord Umber goes down on his knee.    Gabrielle smiles at Robb, she wants this for him and he stands up.  

Lord Karstark stands up.  "I'll have peace on those terms.  They can keep their red castle and their iron chair too."  He pulls up his sword and kneels down aswell.  "The king in the north." 

Gabrielle sees Theon stands up and she smiles.  "Am i your brother, now and always?"  Robb nods. "Now and always."  Theon pulls up his sword and kneels down next to the others.  

 "My sword is yours, in victory and defeat.  From this day until my last day."  Theon declares.   "The king in the north!"  Lord Umber shouts.  With that every single bannermen kneels down and starts chanting the king in the north.  Gabrielle stands up and takes Robb's hand, he looks at her and she smiles.   He is the king in the north.  

THE LANNISTER CAMP

Kiara is walking with two guards by her side as she has been summoned by her grandfather.  She walks into the tent and sees only her grandfather and uncle.  Tywin looks up and sees her.  "Kiara, please sit."  With that she sits down and looks at Tyrion but he doesn't even look at her.  With that she knew something had happened and not something good.  

"Kiara as you have probably heard, Eddard Stark was beheaded on the orders of your cousin King Joffrey.  But there are some other news you need to be aware of."   Her grandfather starts with.  She looks at him to continue and he does.  "Your father has been captured by the Starks.  He is their prisoner."   She looks at him in shock, she couldn't believe it.  

"My father is a prisoner of the starks?"  She asks with tears in her eyes.  "Robb Stark to be exact but yes."  Her grandfather answers.  "Child as my heir's only child, it's too dangerous for you here.   So you and Tyrion will go to king's landing but not at the same time."  

She looks at him confused.  "Why not?"   "Because i don't want two more of my kin to be imprisoned.  You will leave tomorrow, a few hours after Tyrion, okay?"  She nods.  With that Tywin walks out.   

She looks at Tyrion.  "Why are you going to king's landing?"  He looks at her.  "I'm gonna be hand of the king in father's stead."   She is shocked but nods.  "It's really true.  Robb has captured my father."   Tyrion looks at her with sympathy.  "Yes."   She nods and walks out where the two guards are waiting to follow her back to her tent.   

Ned is dead, Robb has been declared king in the north and Kiara is going back to king's landing.  I hope you guys like this chapter and pls tell me your thoughts.