Chapter 12

KING'S LANDING 

KING'S LANDING 

Since that day Lord Eddard Stark had questioned her about her cousins,it was all Kiara could think about.   He said that all Baratheon men have always had dark hair.   She needed to get the bottom of this.   So she decided to speak with the one person that knows all the secrets in Westeros. 

She walked to the gardens, waiting for him.  She hadn't asked him to meet her here but everyone knew that if you wanted to meet with Lord Varys,he would find you.  She doesn't need to wait for long.  "Kiara?"  She turns around and there she sees him.  She curtsies.  "Lord Varys."  He walks closer to her.  "I heard from my spies that you wanted to see me."   She nods. "Yes. I need to you tell me if my cousins is King Robert's children."   

Arina walks around the red keep looking for Arya, no one can find her.  She walks around and then she sees two guards guarding the red keep.  She sees them talking to someone.  She walk closer and see it's Arya.  "Guards."  They turn around and when they see her, they bow. "My lady."     She looks at them.  "Why aren't you letting my niece inside?"  They look at her confused.  "Your niece?"  She walks closer to them.  "This is Arya Stark of Winterfell.  Youngest daughter of Lord Eddard Stark, the hand of the king.  Or do i need to beat you to remind you of that."   The guards shakes their head.  "No my lady."  They walk to the side so Arya can walk past them and to Arina.   Arina hugs her.  She pulls away and looks at her. "Are you alright?  Your father have had all his men looking for you."   Arya looks at her "I'm fine, but.."  Arina cuts her off. "Let's get you to your father."    Arina takes her arm and they walk to Ned's studies.    Arina opens the door.  "Ned. Here is your daughter Arya."   Ned nods.  "Thank you Arina.  I will talk to her, alone."    Arina nods and walks out.  

Kiara and Varys are in his studies.  "Where have you heard this information from, Kiara."  Kiara sighes and looks at him.  "Does it matter?"   "It matters so i know if it's a reliable source."   Kiara sighes.  "Fine. It was Lord Eddard Stark."  Varys nods. "Fine. It's true."   Kiara sits down shocked. "My cousins are bastards.  Does the king know?"  Varys looks at her.  "We wouldn't have a queen if he did."   Kiara nods.  "Who is the father?"   Varys looks at her. "I think you know."   Kiara stands up. "What's that supposed to mean?"   Varys looks at her.  "It's your own father, Kiara.  Your cousins are your half-siblings."   She looks at him shocked and storms out.  

Arina is in her chambers when the door opens and she sees Jory.  She smiles "Hi Jory."   "Lord Eddard wanted me to tell you that we're leaving."   Arina looks at him. "May i ask why?"   "He is not the hand anymore.  He wants you to help the girls pack."   Arina nods.  "I will.  When are we leaving.  First in the morning."   Arina nods. "Very well, thank you Jory."   Jory nods and closes the door.  

Kathryn walks into her chambers and there she sees Loras standing out in the balcony.  She smiles and walk over to him.  "Have you seen Renly?"  Loras smiles. "I have."  She looks at him. "Did you just come from his chambers?"  Loras smirks. "I did."    Kathryn shakes her head.  "I was thinking we're going back to Highgarden tomorrow."   Kathryn eyes light up.  "Really?"   Loras nods. "Do you miss her?"   She smiles.  "I do."   Loras put his arm around her and Kathryn puts her head on his shoulder.  Loras sighes. "We'll go in the morning."

Kiara is in her room just thinking about what Varys told her.  When a lannister guard opens her door.  She looks at him.  "What is it?"   "Your father need you to come with us."  Kiara nods and follow.  She meets her father on a horse looking like he's departing the city.  "Father, what's going on?"   He just looks at her.  "We're leaving.  We're going to your grandfather."   Kiara is confused but she jumps on the horse and sits behind them.   They ride off, she has no clue what's happening but understand that it's not the time to ask questions. 

Kathryn has gotten the news that Ned has been injured.  She walks to his chambers.  "Ned."  He looks at her from his bed.  "Kathryn.  You shouldn't see me this way."   She shakes her head and sits next to him.  She takes a cloath and put in warm water so she can put it on his forhead. "I have known you all my life.  This is not the first time i have seen you injured."   He smiles. "Thank you, Kathryn."  She looks at him. "What happened?"   Ned looks at her. "Jaime Lannister.  He attacked me for sending orders to capture Tyrion Lannister.  He killed Jory."   She looks at him shocked. "He did."   He nods.   Kathryn smiles. "Well i'm glad i got to see you before i left."  He looks at her.  "You're leaving?"  She nods.  "For Highgarden.  Loras is waiting for me in a carriage."  Ned nods. "Go, go to your husband."  She nods and stands up.  But before she walks out to the room, she turns back to him.  "I don't know when i will see you again but i hope i will."  Ned smiles.  "Me too, Kathryn."  She smiles. "Goodbye Ned."  She walks out. 

Kathryn walks to the carriage.  The driver opens the door and she sits down.  Loras looks at her.  "Are you ready?"   She nods. "I am."   The carriage drives off.  But if she knew that in a few short hours she would lose one of her brothers.  She wouldn't have left at all.  

Kiara has left King's landing.   Kiara knows now that her cousins are bastards.   Kathryn is on her way back to Highgarden.  I hope you guys like this chapter and please tell me your thoughts.