12

Stiles pushes his body weight against the door, slamming into it repeatedly before realising there is a large dumpster. 'I'm not dying here. I'm not dying at school.' I almost laugh although now may not be the best time to. 'We're not going to die.' Scott tells him as we keep walking. 'God, what is it doing? What does it want?' 'Me!' My brother exclaims, 'Derek says it's stronger with a pack.' 'Yeah, great. A psychotic werewolf who's into teamwork. That's... That's beautiful.'

Scott stops us when Stiles finishes talking and looks out the window. There's a vague shadow of something on the roof. We stand there, watching the figure before it starts to move, running along the roof towards us. We all turn around and start to sprint away. The beast crashes through the glass window right where we were seconds ago and starts to chase after us, growling. We hurry down the stairs, rushing to save ourselves. This isn't happening, why is this happening?

Somehow we end up back in the stupid locker room, after tonight I'm never stepping foot in here again. 'Go.' Scott nods his head and whispers to Stiles and I. One by one, we rush out of the room, me in the lead. 'Alright, we have to do something.' I say to the boys, 'Like what?' Scott asks me. 'I don't know. Kill it, hurt it, inflict mental anguish on it... Something.' I tell him. We hear a growl and step towards the sound, it continues along with the squeaking of metal.

Stiles slowly starts to take his keys out of his pocket, formulating some sort of plan that will probably result in death, as per usual. He carefully holds them up and throws them into the darkness. A defending roar sounds out as Scott, Stiles and I run from the beast, through the door and into the hallway. The boys push a heavy table up against the door as I lean back on one of the walls, gasping from breath out of shock and because we've barely stopped moving for almost an hour now.

I try just focusing on myself, not the noises the Alpha is making, not Scott or Stiles. Just myself. I hear a voice, not one from the outside world, one from the inside. My mind. Allison. I hear Allison.

Stiles taps my shoulder and I snap my eyes open, I'm sure they're pink but Stiles doesn't pay attention, neither does my brother. I get a hand up from Stiles as I realise what's happening, it escapes and now it's above us, I start running, thinking about Allison. Scott brings us to a stop, 'Wait, do you hear that?' I raise my eyebrows, 'Hear what?' 'It sounds like a phone ringing.' Stiles looks around in confusion. 'What?' 'I know that ring. It's Allison's phone.' Fuck.

'She's here.' I tell them both 'I'm calling her, she's here, in the school.' Scott nods, 'She must be.' I grab my phone from my pocket, finding Allison's number. I ring her and Scott grabs the phone off me, rude!

'No, it's me, where are you?' I faintly hear her talking back to him through the phone as Stiles pulls me aside. 'Okay Vi, that's the second time I've seen your eyes look like that, don't tell me I'm crazy because I know I'm not.' I give him a look. 'Okay, fine, I'm not crazy about this.' I sigh, I mean I kinda have to tell him now, don't I? 'Look, Mie,-'

Before I can continue, my brother shoves my phone back into my hands and pulls us both along, 'We're going to the lobby. We were right, Allison is here.' Of course she is, just what we need, more people to get killed. I also doubt she's alone given the fact that she has a car. 'Lydia and Jackson, they're probably here too!' I say to the boys urgently, 'We need to get down there right now.'

We sprint our asses to the lobby and find Allison coming in through one of the doors opposite to us. 'Why did you come, what are you doing here??' Scott asks Allison as I stand back slightly and fiddle with my rings in nervousness. 'Because you asked me to.' Allison replies to him, 'I asked you to?' We all stand there very confused as the girl in front of us gets up a text message from Scott that clearly says to come to the school. What the fuck?

'Why do I get the feeling you didn't send this message?' 'Because I didn't.' Stiles interrupts them, 'Alright, did you drive here?'

'Jackson did.' I knew it. 'Jackson's here too?' Scott exclaims, 'And Lydia. What's going on? Who sent this text?' Allison asks us, looking between the three of us. Her phone starts to ring and she picks up, 'Where are you?' She asks, probably to Lydia, when someone bursts through the doors. Lydia and Jackson.

I run to my best friend and grab her tightly, trying not to cry. I've been scared for hours but I've tried not to show it, seeing Lydia here is sending me off the edge and I'm shaking with how much I'm trying to hold back tears. She pats my back soothingly and looks at the others, 'Finally, can we go now?'

Allison nods and I let go of her and move back over to Stiles when a thumping starts above us. I grab Stile's hand as him, Scott and I all look at each other. 'Run!' My brother says to everyone and they do.

We leap up the stairs as the alpha comes through the roof. I need to get into this animals head. We run and run and eventually get into a classroom, one of the ones with the giant ass windows, great plan. Scott and the others start putting the furniture up against the door. 'Wait Scott, not here.' Stiles says to him as they keep stacking it up.

'Scott what was that?' Allison asks. 'What came through the ceiling??' Lydia asks in the verge of tears. 'Will you just help me?' Scott says to them both.

I cross the room and go to sit down in a corner. I close my eyes and I try to visualise the beast, I block out all the sounds around me and I think as hard as I can. I imagine it's thoughts and it's face. I can feel it working as I catch glimpses of past memories, Derek is there, I see Scott, the time he attacked the movie place Lydia and Jackson were at.

'It's Derek, Derek Hale.' I shoot my head up at my brothers words before quickly looking back down before anyone can see my eyes. I shake my head and wait a second before getting back up and walking over to where Scott and Stiles are talking to each other. I'm barely paying attention to what's happening before Stiles punches Jackson and surprises me so much I almost fall over. The door starts to break and Stiles tells us to go through the kitchen door and upwards because apparently "up is better than here".

We run up and make it into one of the science labs. Everyone keeps talking but I'm barely even able to walk properly, my brain is out of it. I slump to the ground as Lydia starts talking about a Molotov cocktail. Scott's being a hero, as usual, from what I can tell. He wants to get the janitors key off his body so we can get to Jackson's car with the alpha still out there.

I think that searching through an animal's brain, a werewolf's brain more specifically, must me more physically and emotionally draining than it is to sift through a humans. It feels like the full moon all over again.

'I don't get this. I don't get why he's out there, and why he left us. And I don't get why Violet's just slumped on the floor like she just ran a marathon. And I can't... I can't stop my hands from shaking.' Allison says to Stiles, Lydia and Jackson.

I go to call out to Stiles when Scott's ear piercing scream-howl thing rings through the air. I don't pay attention to anything for the rest of the night. Not when Allison start screaming for Scott, not when the cops come, not when Scott's talking about how he needs to kill us. I can't keep up with any of it and I don't try to.

All I care about is when I'm at home, in a comfy bed, with an empty stomach and a brain that isn't working.

I'm done with this, all of it. So done.

———————————————————
1457 words