15

How the absolute fuck did I end up in Derek Hales car speeding down the road with Stiles and Scott in the front thing not to get caught by my best friends Aunty who hunts werewolves A.K.A my brother? Seems like I ask myself this type of shit a lot.

'What part of laying low don't you understand?!' My brother shouts at Derek who just got into the passenger seat, making Stiles move to the back with me. 'Damn it, I had him!' The older man shouts. 'Who, the Alpha?' Stiles asks him, head poking into the front seats. 'Yes! He was right in front of me, and then the freaking police showed up.'

'Hey, they're just doing their jobs...' Stiles trails off when he gets a look shot at him by an unhappy (to say the least) Derek and realised it's maybe not the time. 'Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state.' He says looking at Scott. 'Can we seriously get past that?' I pipe up from my place in the back. 'Yeah. I made a dumbass mistake. I get it.' Scott says to Derek while still trying to focus on the road.

'All right. How did you find him?' Stiles asks Derek but all we get in answer is a look ahead and a silent scoff. 'Can you try and trust us for at least half a second?' I tell him with annoyance. 'Yeah, all of us.' Stiles says but with one look from the werewolf he backs away, 'Or just Scott. We'll be back here.' He says. 'Speak for yourself.' I tell him as I stick my head where his used to be.

'Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris.' Stiles takes this news as a reason to stick his head back through the middle, knocking mine in the process which doesn't even seem to faze him. 'Our chemistry teacher?' He says confused as. 'Why him?' I ask Derek. 'I don't know yet.' Is what he replies with. 'What's the second?' My brother asks and Derek pulls a piece of paper from his pocket. 'Some kind of symbol.'

I audibly make a noise somewhere in between a gasp and a groan and Scott makes some weird head movement from next to me. 'What? You know what this is?' Derek says looking between my brother and I. 'I've seen it on a necklace.' Scott says, slightly avoiding the question. 'Fucking Allison's necklace.' I say and Scott hits the steering wheel slightly.

———————————————————————

'This is gonna be impossible you know.' I say to Stiles as we walk into school. 'Why can't he just ask her if he can borrow it?' He retaliates. 'How?!' This man I swear. 'It's easy. You just say, "Hey, Allison, can I borrow your necklace, to see if there's anything on it or in it, that can lead me to an Alpha werewolf that I need to kill in order to get back together with you.' I roll my eyes in exasperation.

'You're not helping.' Scott tells him, 'Either of you.' Scott tells us then I guess. 'Why don't you just talk to her.' I tell him. 'She won't talk to me. What if she like only takes it off in the shower or something.' 'Oh so like me.' I say, hand around the necklace I've been wearing since I was 9. 'That's why you ease... that's why you ease back into it, okay? Get back on her good side, remind her of the good times. And then you ask for the necklace.' Stiles tells him after doing a double take on me but Scott's off thinking about something, and I bet I know what.

'You're thinking about her in the shower, aren't you?' Stiles says, whacking his shoulder. 'Yeah.' My brother says with defeat. 'All right, stay focused, okay?' Get the necklace, get the Alpha, get cured, get Allison back. In that order. Got it?' I walk away while Stiles is still talking but I still manage to catch him saying as he follows me to class, 'And to be fair I was thinking about your sister in the shower so.' To Scott before he jogs to catch up with me.

Just before we get into class Stiles pulls me aside in the empty hallway. 'We need to talk. About the thing that happened.' I look slightly up at him, 'We do. But not here and not now, later.' He nods and opens the door to English.