Chapter 7

"Where did he run of to this time?"

"I don't know..."

"Well find him then"

"I'm not the one that wanted him followed"

"I know, I know..."

"And you also know that if he doesn't want to be found, nobody will be able to find him"

"Yes, I know that too, that's why I told Trion to follow him"

"Oh is that the reason? And here I thought it was to kill him when he goes out of control"

"That's part of the reason, but I don't think any of them will be able to kill him on their own"

"That is true, you are finally starting to make some sense"

"We will have to break him first"

"What a lovely thought"

Shadow sat on the roof, waiting as he watched the parade down in the street. The street was packed with people. it looked like the entire town gathered for the parade. Shadow's eyes searched through the crowd. He had to find his targets in that mass of people.

Two men and three women.

He had to find two men and three women in a parade. Kill them all at the same time without hurting any of the other people around them. It was going to take some concentration if he wanted to do it right. This one was going to be hard, but not impossible.

This mission would have to be done perfectly.

There was no margin for error this time, so he'd have to be careful. One wrong move and it'll all be over. In the blink of an eye everything could go wrong and lots of people would be caught in the after math of it all.

The parade's been going on for the entire day and Shadow's been following them. His hand was sill throbbing. It was healing slowly, making any movement with the hand painful.

Shadow looked up at the sky and almost smiled. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. "Thanks for not raining again" he said and got to his feet. When he looked back down at the people in the parade he saw those he'd been searching for.

"Looks like it's time to finish this"

With one quick motion, Shadow pulled out one of his guns, Anarchy and three hidden blades. Keeping an eye on his targets, Shadow jumped to the next building and walked to the edge. There he stopped for a moment before stepping of the roof.

The wind rushed past him for a moment before he landed on the ground. Shadow breathed deeply, his eyes finding the targets again. He fingered the edge of one the blades for a moment, before the weapons disappeared again.

"Tre'me soga elimo na'mi" Shadow muttered as he stepped into the parade 'the light of life fading away'. He made his way to where the targets were, disappearing in the crowd. It was like the crowd didn't even notice that he was there. Just another shadow.

The blades appeared in Shadow's hands again as he reached the first three targets. All three of the blades were as wide as one of his fingers and as long as his hand.

For a moment the blades glistered in the sun light, before they disappeared from Shadow's hands, replaced by both his guns. The two shots was fired so fast that they sounded like one and just like before the guns also vanished from Shadow's hands.

Screams filled the air.

People started running in every direction, away from the dead. The parade came to a fast stop. It was like time stopped for a moment. Shadow made use of the confusion to get away from the people. Nobody paid him any attention. It was the best way to get away from the targets.